Join Us

We are 224,976 members in 83 forums discussing 163,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Precious Angel wife and New Drug Afinitor

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Jul 15, 2019 10:00AM

MyAngelWife wrote:

Hello, I am here to find support and info for my wife who has Metastatic Breast Cancer. She was dx Stage 3 in 2011 and had a recurrence in July 2016. She now has breast cancer in her: liver, posterior ribs, 6 vertebrae, both hips, sacrum, pubic bone, left arm, left and right leg, and both sides of her skull. We have been together for 21 years and she is nothing less than my absolute life.

We are on our 10th? type of chemo, and just recently switched from Ibrance/Faslodex to Afinitor & Aromasin. I believe she has done: Adriamyacin, Cytoxin, Taxol, Xeloda, Halaven, Lynparza, Ibrance, Arimidex, and still gets Zometa infusions monthly. I have watched her lose her hair 3x, her eyeleashes, fingernails, toenails, she has had shingles twice, hysterectomy, double mastectomy, stents in kidneys for stones, she has had major neuropathy, on Halaven-up to her waist. There have been times that her foot just drags and there have been times that I have to open her fingers for her; I could never explain how much I wish this was ME and not her. It absolutely kills me.

We just started AA 2 weeks ago and have some weird side effects; last night we were awake alot with her having racing thoughts and this odd feeling of feeling like food is sitting in her chest when she lays down. I know there is a side effect that causes swelling in the lungs; has anyone had experience with Afinitor? My wife is not one to call the doctor until things are VERY bad, so I'm looking for info anywhere I can.

Thank you for reading this.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 24, 2019 11:08AM shgraser wrote:

My friend was on this combo and she couldn't tolerate it because of the pneumonitis, which started immediately. She is now on Xeloda.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)