Join Us

We are 224,976 members in 83 forums discussing 163,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Best Friend My Breast Cancer Sister is gaining her wings

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Aug 28, 2019 10:04PM

ReneeR2010 wrote:

Tonight I came back to a site a visited every day in 2010 during my journey with breast cancer

I meet Sally she to was going through breast cancer, we did treatments and surgery’s together we talked when we were to sick to get up and move we went to girls nights out and Lump to laughter and Women of hope events , we shared recorded and talked about our dogs Sally is 42 was diagnosed at 36 she was stage 2 ER PR positive no lymph nodes I was Stage 2B and was in my lymph nodes we got through everything together 3 years ago her cancer returned and she has fought hard and since June went down hill fast We didn’t do much together outside of breast cancer related activities but we talked about every day up until last few months I did not know she was getting worse she did not want to tell me she did not want to scare me when I saw her last she kept saying she was sorry I miss our phone calls I miss her I am so hurt and angry I just needed post somewhere maybe someone could relate I had local rep pin 2013 thankfully I have not had any other problems so far please pray for my sweet sally my heart is breaking

I will say she found a man she loves and he loves her he has stayed by her side the entire time I am thankful she found true love

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Aug 28, 2019 11:13PM illimae wrote:

this is obviously devastating, I’m so sorry. It sounds like you were a great friend to her and I’m sure she appreciated it. It is difficult with friends sometimes when your late stage, we do want to spare love ones pain and worry, reality can get scary and ugly unfortunately.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/23/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/22/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/17/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 29, 2019 08:16AM gailmary wrote:

Oh Renee., I am So sorry for your pain. Loosing a good friend is very hard. Treasure the memories of the good times you shared. Time will go on and it will get easier. Yes Renee, I can relate. My friend passed 3 weeks ago. We too shared much of our journey and much else in common . She too kept more to herself at the end to protect me. I cried more at loosing her then I ever thought I would. Now her husband has asked that I help with all her stuff. It will be very hard but I want to do it. I know I will get to know her on another level. Remember to count your blessings and smile when you think of her. If nothing else you look better with a smile. 😄

GAILMARY

Dx 11/25/2008, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 4/13/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy

Aug 29, 2019 08:29AM - edited Aug 29, 2019 08:32AM by Moderators

ReneeR2010, that's heartbreaking. We're so sorry for what you're going through with your friend, but glad you found this incredibly welcoming, knowledgeable, and supportive Community and decided to reach out. Welcome! As you can already see, our members will always give their best advice and supportive words, so we hope you will stay connected here. We look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Warm wishes,

From the Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 1, 2019 11:26PM edwards750 wrote:

I’m so sorry I lost a friend too but even worse my sister passed away yesterday from Stage IV BC. She was DX in 2012. It came back the first time in 2016. The last time was this past April. It was in her liver and kidneys. She and my BIL came to where I live from another state to get a second opinion. She had been given 3 months and that’s how long she lasted and suffered too. It was beyond heartbreaking. She would have celebrated her 40th wedding anniversary next month and her birthday September 8.

Diane

Sep 2, 2019 12:09AM Trishyla wrote:

Oh. Diane. I am so very sorry to hear of your sister's passing. My heart aches for you. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling.

So many of our earliest memories are shared with our siblings. I would imagine it's like losing a huge chunk of your childhood.

Holding you in my thoughts.

Trish

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 8/5/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)