Join Us

We are 224,366 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Struggling with my mom's recent diagnosis

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Nov 20, 2019 05:43AM

CD1302 wrote:

Hello everyone. I am new here and I am here because my mom who is 67 was recently diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. And right now I am heavily worried about what's going to happen. Because I love my mom and I am currently crying my eyes out about it. I am struggling to understand if the treatments will help her live her life more peacefully or if it's even possible for her to be happy for the rest of her days. But of course she was always as stubborn as a donkey and could've prevented it because she hasn't seen a doctor until this happened. She is getting tested for genes right now and honestly I want to know what I can do to remain strong.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Nov 20, 2019 08:41AM Moderators wrote:

Dear CD1302,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry about your mom's diagnosis and so glad that you reached out to other caregivers. The fact that you reached out for support yourself is so important for both you and your mom. Let us know what we can do to be of help. If you do not receive some additional responses from other caregivers send us a pm and we will brainstorm some other topics where you can post.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Dec 27, 2019 10:42AM Moderators wrote:

We are bumping this topic hoping to get some support for CD1302. Medicating

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Dec 4, 2020 02:54PM peasandcarrots wrote:

Hi CD1302,

I just joined this forum so apologies that I'm replying to your post so late. My mother was diagnosed with metastatic BC back in 2013 and through various treatments and ups and downs, she is still with us. The cancer is in her bones and spread to her liver last year. I do not know what your mom's diagnosis is but stage IV does not always mean only a few months to live. I had that fear when my mom was diagnosed with stage IV too. Every person is different and I don't want to generalize or give false hope but we are fortunate that here she is, 7 years later. Things are not great but she hasn't run out of treatment options yet. Please have faith, even when it's hard to. I hope the best for you and your family. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)