Join Us

We are 224,365 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Need clothing rec. you love.

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Sep 1, 2020 02:36PM

PoppyFlower wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for companies that sell comfortable long sleeve cotton tops with roomy sleeves - almost like dolman sleeves - that has an opening in the front that's not so restricting. I swear I thought I was good at online shopping until now! I can't find any tops with easy opening in the front (buttons are hard on her) that's roomy that doesn't look like she inherited from her Grandma (and no disrespect to all wonderful Grandmas here! :)

I'm also looking for a light absorbent robe (terry clothes are too heavy on her shoulders) so she doesn't have to use a heavy bath towel after a shower.

I rather buy all cotton but it's mixed in with a little bit of something else, that's fine. As the weather gets cooler, I don't want a fabric that's cold on touch.

Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 1, 2020 02:49PM moth wrote:

Maybe something like this, but it's fleece www.amazon.ca/TowelSelections-...

Lady Olga on Amazon has a nice robe. They also have a bedjacket but maybe it's too old fashioned... I think it's vintage looking. Was looking at old knitting patterns recently and saw something similar...

www.amazon.ca/dp/B073FKDL6Q/re...

www.amazon.ca/dp/6040115378/re...
I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/16/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Sep 10, 2020 12:20AM PoppyFlower wrote:

Thanks for the links. They're pretty. I might buy them for myself! Smile

She's having more and more difficulties getting dressed. She can't reach up or down. She's so frustrated how invalid she's become...I'm actually looking for underwear that snaps on the bottom so she doesn't have to pull her undies down but that won't work either since she can't grab the back piece to snap.

Her Lymphedema is getting worse and she has so mobility... :( She see her Lymphedema therapist this Friday and I am hoping she'll be a savior to this problem.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)