Join Us

We are 224,365 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Need some hope

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Mar 26, 2021 05:13PM - edited Apr 8, 2021 08:30PM by LookingForHope20

LookingForHope20 wrote:

This Post was deleted by LookingForHope20.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Mar 26, 2021 06:39PM Beesie wrote:

LookingforHope, I'm sorry that your aunt and your family is going through this. It's hard enough under normal circumstances but even more difficult when dealing with all these Covid restrictions.

I'm not familiar with a situation like your aunt's so I can't say anything about it. It sounds as though it's impossible to know if her weakness is due to the pneunmonia or is an after-effect of the treatments or is caused by the cancer - hopefully through she does regain her strength and is able to resume treatment.

I'm in Toronto too. Where is you aunt being treated?

Dx 9/15/2005 Right, 7cm+, DCIS-Mi, Stage IA, Gr 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR- ** Dx 01/16/2019 Left, 8mm, IDC, Stage IA, Gr 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) ** Surgery 11/30/2005 MX Right, 03/06/2019 MX Left ** Hormonal Therapy 05/2019 Letrozole

Mar 26, 2021 07:56PM Moderators wrote:

Welcome, LookingforHope-

We're so very sorry to hear about what your aunt has been through, we certainly understand how awful this disease can be and we know how hard it can be to watch a family member struggle. Echoing what Beesie said, we sincerely hope she regains her strength quickly and she's able to resume her treatment. We're all here for you and your family.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)