Join Us

We are 224,365 members in 83 forums discussing 163,513 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Kisqali Femara

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: May 30, 2021 12:48PM

Life411 wrote:

Hi to everyone!

My mother has just been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer with extensive bone mets. She is diagnosed de novo. Her tumor is ER+/PR+, HER2-.

She has just started therapy, combination Femara and Kisqali.

She is 53 and her overall condition, other than this, is great.

I wanted to ask if someone is willing to share experience of this therapy combination. For how long it should last, what's the average? On the Novartis web site it is said that median is almost 5 years. What's the longest possible response to this therapy?

As she has just started the therapy, we don't know will it work, her tests are scheduled for a month but I would like to know some real life experiences with this combination as we are hoping it will work for her as long as possible.

Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 30, 2021 04:45PM Olma61 wrote:

hi there, I am not on this combo but I just want to let you know that when one treatment fails, the doctor will move on to the next one. At this point there will be quite a few options for your mom.

Also remember, the stats can give us an idea about effectiveness of a treatment but everyone is an individual and cancer has many factors that contribute. So, we can look at stats and also anecdotes but “results may not be typical”. There is no crystal ball to tell us our outcome. Just take it one day at a time and give your mom love and support as she gets on the road to her treatment.

Take care, best of luck to you

10/30/2017 Xgeva for bone mets 5/31/2018 Taxol finished! "If one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right” - Kierkegaard Dx 8/3/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/30/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 5/14/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/30/2019 External: Bone

May 30, 2021 05:48PM nopink2019 wrote:

• Stats are a generalization. I took kisqali 18 months before my liver tumors started to grow again. MO has switched me to another therapy. Keep in mind that this is the pattern. Focus on managing side effects, read (don't post) Stage 4 only forums about kisqali to learn about others experiences. Counting months isn't going to be productive.
Dx 2008, IDC, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/23/2019 Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 9/20/2019 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy 11/12/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 11/12/2019 Kisqali Hormonal Therapy 5/9/2021 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 5/9/2021 Afinitor (everolimus)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)