Join Us

We are 222,308 members in 83 forums discussing 162,449 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My mom has cancer

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Jun 6, 2021 03:23PM

Hamster wrote:

Hello! I guess I just came to say hi. My mom has metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. Metastases to the lymph nodes and lungs. We are from Russia. We get treatment, we have a doctor, and support from other people ... We went through 12 weekly paclitaxels. This week we are expecting a PET-CT with contrast. My English is not very good and I use google translate. Trodelwy is not yet used in our country. I heard that in other countries it is used. Maybe you know this is so? Does this medicine work? Hello dear participants. Hello daughters ... Health and strength to all of us ...
My dream is to cancel it all and make it the same as before... I know this is impossible ...

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jun 6, 2021 08:19PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Hamster,

Welcome to you. We are so glad that you reached out to our community. Here is a link to a number of articles about Trodelvy.Please keep us posted on how your mom does and how you continue to cope as her support person. Let us know what we can do to be a help to you here.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 7, 2021 07:31PM Salamandra wrote:

I'm so sorry about your mom's diagnosis. That happened to my mother also, many years ago, and I think I know what you mean by cancelling it all and going back to before. Sending good vibes to both of yo!

Dx at 39. 1.8cm. Oncotype 9. Dx 9/19/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/18/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 12/3/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Fareston (toremifene)

Jun 8, 2021 07:55PM cyathea wrote:

Hi Hamster, I’m sorry your Mom has cancer. I remember getting that news when I was in college more than 30 years ago. It was a scary time for our entire family.

But please take courage. My Mom is fine, even after getting breast cancer in her other breast several years ago. Treatments are getting much better

Dx 6/17/2019, DCIS/ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/31/2019 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 10/8/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 10/10/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 3/17/2020 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 4/15/2020 Other Radiation Therapy 5/31/2020 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes, Bone Hormonal Therapy 8/20/2020 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jun 8, 2021 09:06PM moth wrote:

Hi Hamster, Trodelvy is not widely available yet. I am in Canada and it is not available here yet either.

I have triple negative with mets to lung, liver & bone. I am on an immunotherapy called atezolizumab (Tecentriq) which is the first line treatment for metastatic triple negative (combined with nab-paclitaxel). Is that available in Russia?

Also, you should know that usually metastatic triple negatives don't stop chemo. So after those 12 paclitaxels, there will likely be more or a switch to a different chemo.

We have a metastatic triple negative thread here which might be interesting for your to look through to get an idea of how we do. On page 93, the 4th post from the top I have compiled the most common treatments for mTNBC. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

Also consider whether she might be a candidate for radiation. I had radiation treatments to a lung met last December.

best wishes to your mom & you

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously???? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: https://nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.com/

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/13/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/8/2020 External Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 3/2/2021 External: Bone

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)