Join Us

We are 223,908 members in 83 forums discussing 163,273 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Stage IV bones, chemo treatment and epilepsy?

Forum: Caring for Someone with Stage IV or Mets —

A place where family members, caregivers, and loved ones of people having a Stage IV (metastatic) diagnosis can share, discuss, and support one another through the tough times unique to this diagnosis.

Posted on: Sep 12, 2021 10:04AM

Sunshineplease wrote:

Hello,

excuse my english as it is my second language.

My mom has been diagnosed in 2014 with bone METS ( ribs ) and has been on Letrozole since that time. She had Xneva at the start of her treatment too but then was given something elsa that was less strong as the cancer seemed to be dormant.

This summer (August 2021) the cancer woke up. We know it is in her bones (ribs, femur, spine, hips) they are requesting more tests to know if it has spread to other organs. We don’t have the results yet. In the past month my moms pain has gotten worst and we are getting impatient for them to try another treatment. They said they want to try chemo (pills) but my mom also has epilepsy and they are struggling to find a chemo pill that would work with her epilepsy medication. For now, they have put her back on Tamoxifen (she was on Tamoxifen for about 7 years after her radiation and chemo for her initial breast cancer diagnosis) .

My mom can not sleep because she is in too much pain. The oncologist said there was now rush because the cancer wasn’t moving “that” fast, but I can see my moms in much more pain and I am quite anxious for them to find what chemo treatment can work for her.

Anyone have epilepsy and has treated stage IV breast cancer with chemo??? 🙏🙏🙏

thank you for your help!!

Vanessa