Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Metastatic Caregivers: Join us bi-weekly for our virtual support group. Register here.

Lumps in Armpit Area

Options

Can someone tell me if you have any information on a 2 lumps under my armpit after 12 years after initially being diagnosed with Stage II Breast Cancer?

I had 12 lymphnodes removed in 2009. My dermatoligist said they are not cysts. Ultrasound done and they are doing a biopsy on Thursday.

I can't seem to find any information on this - has anyone had a similar situation?

Thank you all!

Gayle

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options
    What kind of information are you looking for? The information you need will be in the biopsy results.

You may want to move your question to "Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned". This is the forum for people caring for those who have Stage IV cancer.
  • 12believe
    12believe Member Posts: 3
    Options

ok sorry and thank you

I guess I thought maybe someone who had this happen might be able to answer some questions.

This is maybe not the site for me.

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    Options

Gayle,

Underarm swelling can be caused by something harmless but it can also be caused by lymph nodes that are swelling because of cancer. It's impossible for anyone to know what is causing the swelling in your case - and that's why you are having the biopsy done.

Have you had a Covid vaccine recently? That can cause lymph node swelling. An infection can cause swelling too. So those are two harmless possibilities. But it's also possible, even after 12 years, that this could be a return of the breast cancer. Hopefully not.

Good luck, and let us know what you hear back from the biopsy.

Mods, could you move this thread to the "Not Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastases but Concerned" forum so that more people might see the post and respond? Gayle, I suspect that not many people who've had a similar experience to yours are reading the forum where you've posted this so hopefully the Moderators can help out. The board can be confusing and unwieldy especially when you are new here.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

No need to apologize! Sorry if I didn't sound too welcoming. It's just that like Beesie said, it can be caused by either cancer or something else. Other people's experiences won't really help because some are going to say it was cancer and some will say it wasn't. There's no way to know until you get the biopsy. If you have specific questions, ask them! But keep in mind that most women here who had concerning symptoms ended up having cancer. People who had symptoms like yours and didn't have cancer aren't posting here, so the results will be skewed. :)

• 12believe
    12believe Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you Beesie - I will just wait and see what turns out with the biopsy.

I appreciate your kindness.