Topic: Stage IIb and 5+ years out, anyone?

Forum: Stage II Breast Cancer — Meet, share and support others with Stage II Breast Cancer

Posted on: Oct 9, 2011 02:55PM

Posted on: Oct 9, 2011 02:55PM

sundermom wrote:

I am quickly approaching the one year mark here and have my first round of scans post treatment in a couple of weeks. However, the local newspaper has been running stories left and right this month in which the focus is young women like myself (I was 37 at dx). In both stories today the women were stageIIb and eventually developed mets. I know I chose a very aggressive treatment plan (BMX, AND, chemo, rads and Tamoxifen) and there is not really anything else I can do, but hope and pray. Pinkoctober is really bringing me down and I could really use some encouragement. :(

Dx 11/8/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, 2/32 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 35 of 36 (354 results)

Jun 30, 2022 03:59AM - edited Jun 30, 2022 01:26PM by bcat34

10 years out from my official diagnosis today -- I am so grateful!

I noticed my tumor in the shower, just over 2 months after my 34th birthday. My tumor was large and very fast growing. (T2 N1 M0) at 4.1cm x 3.9cm x 2.5cm and I had one confirmed node. My Oncologist's chart noted an 8cm tumor.(?!?) It was taking over my entire small breast, and lumpectomy was not an option. I had to have chemo first (FEC-D) at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre in Calgary to shrink the tumor enough for surgery. My last chemo was the last day of the Mayan Calendar. Although the world didn't end, that was my last round of chemo.

Mastectomy and ALND in February 2013. Excellent patient care by a really kind team throughout. I'm so lucky to have been NED after my neoadjuvent chemo. I'm still NED and in cautiously keeping on mode. No one in this city except for a handful of people and my medical professionals knows I'm a cancer patient. My hair/lashes/brows were not the same after, but I have really good tips to share if you've been through FEC-D too. I had reconstruction a few years after my mastectomy, and still very happy with what I did on that front.

The good side gets a mammogram only (about once a year--Ottawa has massive mammogram waits) to make sure the previously biopsied fibroadenoma hasn't gone rogue. Happy to talk more about this if anyone ever wants to. This forum is the only safe space I have to talk about cancer as my family was not and still is not into talking about cancer and they find me morbid for wanting to recognize cancer-anniversaries. I've talked to cancer-savvy psychologists about what I went through with good results.

I couldn't have radiation because of a family (genetic) connective tissue issue. 34 year old me honestly didn't think I would be here now at age 44 typing this 10 years out, especially because I could not have rads. Reading these 5+ years stories meant so much to me and still do so much. Much appreciation for everyone behind the scenes who have brought us all together.)

Dx 6/30/2012, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/14/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 1/23/2013 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 30, 2022 11:43AM bcincolorado wrote:

bcat34 congrats on making it that far and being your own advocate and finding a safe place to talk as well which is important as well. May you continue to remain ok for the foreseeable future.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 30, 2022 01:50PM bcat34 wrote:

Thank you bcincolorado. Your kind words are very much appreciated (and I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.)

Dx 6/30/2012, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/14/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 1/23/2013 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 1, 2022 10:10AM cathy67 wrote:

bcat34,

Congratulations!!!

Oncotype 6, Dx 08/06/2019, IDC, Right, 2.1 cm, Grade2, 1/1 nodes,ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/9/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy 11/20/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/26/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 4, 2022 06:24AM toronto-girl wrote:

Very Happy to say I'm 10+ years post diagnosis! Life for me is very enjoyable with lots of interesting twist and turns that I have the energy for. Hang in there guys

Surgery 6/19/2012 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Dx 7/6/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/8/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2012 Surgery 12/4/2013 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (Right): DIEP flap

Jul 4, 2022 06:50PM bcincolorado wrote:

Good for you!!!

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 9, 2022 07:13AM ampmusic14 wrote:

Bcat34 thank you so much for sharing!

Dx 5/11/2020, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/8/2020 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 7/27/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/17/2020 Reconstruction (Left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 4, 2022 06:06PM dxstageii2020ugh wrote:

Very cool to read your story! I was dx in April 2020 - two years out now and feel so lucky to be here. I am on lupron and arimidex to keep me in menopause and I'm just now stopped with the crazy hot flashes and adjusted to all the new muscle aches. Still waiting to get my double DIEP flap.

Aug 4, 2022 06:36PM maureen1 wrote:

I am Stage II and very grateful to reach 10 years since my diagnosis on July 31st of 2012. I am still taking Tamoxifen. Otherwise my life is full of the joys of children, grandchildren and marriage that I thought I might not have when I was first diagnosed especially since I had positive lymph nodes. I wish you all success in your treatment and happiness in the years ahead, (((hugs))) Maureen1

Dx 7/31/2012, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 3/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/5/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 9/18/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/3/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 3/18/2013 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 7/21/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/22/2013 Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant

Aug 5, 2022 09:27PM pebblesv wrote:

Wow maureen1 thank you for that update! I'm glad to hear you're on tamoxifen and have been doing well as I'm also on tamoxifen.

And also thank you to others who posted - this is such an inspiration for those of us still going through it. I'm 4 years out since this all started and just received that awesome mammogram letter that says, "We are pleased to inform you that there is no evidence of breast cancer on your recent Mammogram and/or Ultrasound." Honestly, I want to frame that letter!

Dx 9/7/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 35 of 36 (354 results)

Scroll to top button