Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage 2 Sisters Club

NisaVilla
NisaVilla Member Posts: 505
edited January 2023 in Stage II Breast Cancer

Welcome to the newly formed Stage II Breast Cancer Club! And Thank You Mods for facilitating its creation.

Comments

• pattithenurse
    pattithenurse Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2013

ello-I'm stage 2,Grade 3. 65 years old. did the chemo,did the radiation,and now on hormone theray. I had one node involvement (Darn!) Hope you're doing good on your journey!

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2013

I 'm 2b, and no, the forums group stage 1 and 2 together. I just tried a quick search using the blue search button on the left side of the opening page - and looked through pages 1 to 7 of the SATGE 1 & 2 forum, and page 98 (the last page) and seems no threads there just for stage 2.

But there are some specific threads such as anyone stage 2b & positive nodes, or anyone stage 2b & 5+ years out..........so, it kind of looks like you could start a Stage 2 sisters thread, if you like! My dx very similar to yours except I was grade 3.

Didn't search through IDC forum for stage 2, but there must be lots of threads there - one I post on is the one about IDC 6 cm plus.......use blue search button and put in key words to find a thread that interests you......

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,830
    edited July 2013

I don't think there is a Stage II specific thread, but we could start one.

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited July 2013

There is a Stage 2b with negative nodes thread as well.

• flannelette
    flannelette Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2013

Hi Colt45 - just read your beautiful Open Letter. Can we clone you??????Smile I am lucky, I have a solid, supportive partner......but thanks for caring about the many here who do not.

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

Sorry slow response. Infusion got in the way. I'd love to start a Stage 2 Sisters Cub but dont know how. How can I find out how to so this? Contact moderator(s) maybe? Thanks!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Just start a thread in this forum and call it 'Stage 2 Sister's Club' and see what happens.

• soulhighwing
    soulhighwing Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013

I'm a husband. my wife is stage 2b.

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited August 2013

@flannelette:

What a sweet thing to say.

God bless you.

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

I treasure the posts by husbands, and wish mine were as involved.

I have put in a request for a Stage 2 Forum (with forums easier to locate than threads) and a moderator inquired if I meant to split Stage 1 and 2, which makes sense considering the number of people responding to posts under the current system. Let's hope it works out. Health to all! Nisa

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2013

Thanks for thinking of this and pioneering the effort with the moderators.

• planetbananas
    planetbananas Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013

IIb, reporting in :-)

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

The more the merrier! Adorable doggie in pix.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,811
    edited August 2013

You now have your own forum! Nisa, perhaps you want to edit your initial post and title?

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

Wow, thanks from all of us! Please help with what you mean by editing initial post and title? Nisa

• kyliet
    kyliet Member Posts: 587
    edited August 2013

Wow, thanks so much. x

• planetbananas
    planetbananas Member Posts: 109
    edited August 2013

Thank you, NisaVilla that is my Jellybean :-)

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

Every time I get an infusion, as I did Monday, I start obsessing about the future...I should stop reading! Although this article is hope-giving in that there are new tools to predict, and maybe control, the future of this disease. Attempted to create link but failed.

Online article "UT MD Anderson research finds predictive value of circulating tumor cells in early stage breast cancer" and I am wondering if anyone here has used this test. It speaks to why 23-35% of women who after treatment are rendered disease-free go on to develop recurrences. Not sure if test is yet available to the public but will call MD Anderson to find out.

If you know more about this test, please share.

Thanks, Nisa

• jcolford
    jcolford Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2013

Hi all, I am a stage IIb as well and found it difficult to find my place in the stage I and II forum. Glad to see someone take the initiative to make this happen. Smile I am hoping that this is the forum that I will fit in and be able to contribute in. I completed treatment in January and now find myself in the now what stage.

Hope all of you are doing well!

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Statistics don't mean a thing to the individual person. You can only do your best, through recommended treatments and life style adjustments to reduce the chances of recurrence, and then you have to leave it to God (or Fate).  Either it won't occur (which means you've wasted your time worrying for nothing), or it will (which means you better be out there enjoying life and making memories right now!). Yes, I know that is easier said than done!!!! Frown

• JDB53
    JDB53 Member Posts: 139
    edited August 2013

Hello all,

Another husband here! My beautiful wife is 2a, in the middle of chemo. 

• smo23915
    smo23915 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2013

Nisa, I go to MDAnderson in October, for my check up.  I will ask them and post what I find out.

Sharon

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

Jcolford - I had the same problem navigating the larger group. The Mods were quite helpful about request. A home for Stage 2 should make it a little more homogenous and easier to relate. I will be in your what-next shoes in a month, and feeling a bit anxious about it.

Ruthbru - you have the right answer for those of us feeling anxious and obsessing. Your realistic view helps me take distance from mine and relax a bit... Although probably not for long! Wish you were my next-door neighbor for daily contact :)

JDB53 - so glad you are here, thanks! If more husbands join and participate, maybe a "husband forum" could be created to address questions that are not always posted here? in the meantime, please know that we are all here to help each other so do not hesitate to post or do PM.

Health to all, Nisa

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

Smo23915 - Good luck in your next appt. Who do you see at MD Anderson? I am thinking about traveling there for a review of my current treatment which does not seem to follow a strict protocol. Thanks!

• JDB53
    JDB53 Member Posts: 139
    edited August 2013

Thanks Nisa,

I often wonder how many husbands are lurking out there.  A husbands forum would be great.

• NisaVilla
    edited August 2013

And thanks Sharon for posting a first name...so much easier that spelling nicknames/usernames! Nisa :)

• ruthbru
    edited August 2013

Nisa, that advice is what my oncologist told me when I was doing treatment and freaking out, "What do you mean that you can't reduce my chance of recurrence to zero if I do all this horrible stuff you are recommending????"SurprisedCryYell

The physical part is tough, but the psychological part is even tougher IMO. The worry does get easier the farther out from treatment you get, but is never gone entirely.

• placid44
    placid44 Member Posts: 179
    edited August 2013

I'm 2b also and looking forward to participating in the forum.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited August 2013

Hi everyone, Nisa, excellent job getting this done!

• GlobalGirlyGirl
    GlobalGirlyGirl Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2013

Stage IIa here!

Yay we have our own forum! I just noticed it.  I guess I'm not very observant. Laughing