We are 189,011 members in 81 forums discussing 141,576 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage II Breast Cancer → Topic: Stage 2-recurrance percentage % risk?

Topic: Stage 2-recurrance percentage % risk?

Forum: Stage II Breast Cancer — Meet, share and support others with Stage II Breast Cancer

Posted on: Mar 10, 2015 06:54AM

ThinkingPositive wrote:

I did not have the oncotype test...MO said that based on my Ki 67 (28%), he was pretty sure that my oncotype score would come back high, Please he said it would take 3 weeks to get results. So I went ahead with the chemo. Now I am reading that the oncotype score gives you percentages of recurrence? Does everyone know what their percentages are and if you didn't have oncotype how do you find out? I know MO gave me some percentages, but it was vague.. Just wondering if you all could share if you are stage 2. Or how to go about finding out?? Thanks.

Dx 9/2014, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/23/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Chemotherapy 12/5/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 6 of 6 (154 results)

Posts 151 - 154 (154 total)

Jun 18, 2017 04:47AM runor wrote:

I think someone asked if I was pre or post menopausal. At 53 I am still having periods. I asked onc if I should have my ovaries out and he didn't think that was necessary.

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Jun 18, 2017 10:19AM Hopeful82014 wrote:

FWIW - after not having joint pain initially, I started developing it and it reached the point that it was unremitting, despite switching AIs. I started taking Boswellamine (3Xdaily) and found the pain receding after maybe 10 days or so. It's been a few months and the pain is intermittent, much less intense, and limited in scope. I now take it only 2x day and seem to be doing fine on that.

I know everyone's different but it might be worth trying. I wouldn't have except that I was desperate but I'm glad I did.

Dx 2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 19, 2017 03:11AM MexicoHeather wrote:

Thinking Positive:

Go to the website lifemath.net for a free outcome calculator. You put on your information from the biopsy and then your treatments.

It can translate the info into a happy face (100 faces) to graphically illustrate cancer mortality rate over time. This has really put someone my family member's minds at ease. They know I have a 93% chance of still being alive in 5 years. They can see that by having treatment I have increased my life expectancy by 10.7 years over doing no therapy.

Lifemath.net/cancer/breastcancer

Dios es Amor. Dx 10/1/2016, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/5/2016 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 1/19/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 5/10/2017 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 19, 2017 07:26AM BosumBlues wrote:

I hope you don't mind me crashing into your site since my stage is 1A, but according to my oncotype of 20, I have a chance of distal recurrence between 11 and 16% or an avg of 13. I see many stage 2 and 3 that have lower stats than mine... so my point is that stage means little and has more to do with tumor characteristics, genetics and how cancer may respond to treatment. Personally I believe the stages are outdated.

One final thought.....I read over and over here that grade 3 will respond to chemo better but again this is no absolute. I am grade 3 and my benefit to chemo was only 1 to 3%. I would always push for any and all testing on the tumor that is available. Only then can you make better decisions as to your treatment plans going forward. Again, Stage means little.

Dx IDC

Page 6 of 6 (154 results)