We are 213,316 members in 82 forums discussing 152,270 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Stage 2, no chemo?, prognosis

Forum: Stage II Breast Cancer — Meet, share and support others with Stage II Breast Cancer

Posted on: Oct 8, 2018 06:40AM - edited Oct 8, 2018 06:42AM by Beznaranca

Beznaranca wrote:

Hi, I'm 57 YO, and just had lumpectomy od my breast cancer.

BC was stage 2 (2.2cm), ER+ (100%), PR -, Her2 -, grade 3, KI-67 59% with 0/8 nodes involved, clear margins.

My oncologist took Mammaprint, and now we are waiting for the results.

Is it possible that Mammaprint show some good prognostic results with this type of BC? What are my survival rates in the near future? :D

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Oct 8, 2018 09:13AM Moderators wrote:

Dear Beznaranca,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry about your breast cancer but glad that you reached out here. While you are waiting for some members to respond you may want to check out this information on our main site that seeks to help others better understand their breast cancer and their pathology reports. Click on the preceding imbedded link. Keep us posted on what you learn. The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Oct 8, 2018 10:18AM Meow13 wrote:

Hi, interested to hear your results I was similar with er 95% pr negative, it is not a well understood combination. But good news is AI drugs are proving very effective for er+ pr- cancers.

Oct 8, 2018 08:48PM Nas wrote:

Hi, try this website

http://predict.nhs.uk/predict_v2.1/tool

It helps e when I feel down😊

Dx 12/5/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/13/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 2/6/2018 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 9, 2018 07:28AM JoE777 wrote:

Please don't think about statistics without knowing the details of your DX. If you want to know about the type you have the medical sites on this forum is fantastic. Mayo, MD Anderson, American cancer society all are detailed. You'll find the women and men on this forum supportive and knowledgeable but each diagnosis is unique to each person. Hoping for good news about your treatment path. Hugs . Jo
Dx 2/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, metastasized to bone, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 2/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Kisqali Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Other Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 9, 2018 01:58PM Meow13 wrote:

That predict tool said a 1% benefit from hormone therapy, not worth it. I was lead to believe it was very beneficial.

Nov 4, 2018 01:36AM PebblesV wrote:

@Meow13 - did you decide if you’re going to do the hormone therapy or not? I thought I was decided to do the hormone therapy since I’m not doing chemo (low oncotype) but all the side effects I see in the forums have me really worried/concerned about that now. Thoughts?

@beznaranca - I think since your lymph nodes were clear and you got clear margins your odds are good. Did your mammaprint come in

Nov 4, 2018 01:41AM - edited Nov 4, 2018 01:46AM by Meow13

Yes, I did a total of 4 years first anastrozole and then exemestane both AI drugs. Side effects were cumulative and I discontinued my mo thought I had done enough.

PebblesV, did you try link Nas provided? It said very low benefit from hormonal treatment when I plugged in my data.

I guess the benefit is survival not recurrence maybe that is why 1% benefit.

Nov 4, 2018 01:50AM - edited Nov 4, 2018 01:51AM by PebblesV

Meow13 - Good to know and thank you for sharing I did and I got the same 1% improvement on survival with hormone therapy! And 0% improvement with chemo so good thing I'm not doing chemo.

It said the surgery only survival rate for my stats is 96% so that much is hugely encouraging if this is a good predictor. I think you are right, this one is about survival vs. recurrence.

My oncologist claims that if I do nothing, there would be a 20% chance of recurrence. That's knocked down to 13% with tamoxifen hormone therapy. I'm hoping to knock it down further with nutrition and exercise too.

Nov 4, 2018 06:23AM momand2kids wrote:

Hi Bez

I am not an oncologist-but my stats were similar to yours-- lumpectomy, no nodes-ER/PR+, Her2-. I had oncotype-gray area-had 4 rounds of chemo, radiation and 5 years of femara... I am 10 years out-- consider myself very healthy and prognosis was always good.... one can never know, of course, but I am planning to live a good long time!!!!

Dx 10/29/2008, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/25/2008 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 1/16/2009 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2009 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/15/2009 Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)