Join Us

We are 224,270 members in 83 forums discussing 163,473 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mammaprint and Oncotype Dx

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Nov 14, 2013 02:32AM

FairyDogMother wrote:

I had an oncotype dx conducted and the results came back with a high score in the low reoccurrence range, which means I won’t benefit from chemotherapy. Given my age, family history, and Ki-67 of my tumor another oncologist ran a mammaprint test. The mammaprint results showed a need for chemotherapy. Has anyone else had these two test done and come back with conflicting results? Which test is better for someone under the age of 40?

Dx 8/1/2013, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/9/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/20/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 12/26/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 1/2/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Chemotherapy 1/23/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 3/3/2014 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 3/3/2014 Breast Surgery 4/16/2014 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/23/2014 Femara (letrozole)
Log in to post a reply

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)

Posts 31 - 32 (32 total)

Log in to post a reply

Sep 25, 2021 10:10AM ilenef wrote:

I am 72 years old with mixed ductal and lobular invasive cancer 1.3cm in my left breast. I am HR+, HER2-, no involved nodes as yet known (I have not had surgery yet due to a large, resolving hematoma after my stereotactic breast biopsy last May). I have been taking Anastrozole since June. When my MammaPrint test came back High Risk (but on the bar graph, at the low end of High Risk) my medical oncologist recommended TC chemo, 4 rounds. Researching cold capping, I discovered that it was available fairly close by, but at another location within the oncology network. My medical oncologist referred me to a medical oncologist at that location. He was not confident that my MammaPrint results (prognostic) were enough to subject me to the side effects of chemo and wanted to see how my Oncotype DX (predictive) results would look. If they came back High Risk, we would go ahead with chemo. My Oncotype DX came back with a Low Risk score. I will meet with my original medical oncologist tomorrow and my Breast Cancer Navigator wants to bring these semi-conflicting results to the semi-monthly Tumor Board meeting for review. Whereas I feel like I should be jumping for joy at my Low Risk results, I am tentative and waiting to see what my original medical oncologist and the Tumor Board say. I am now 95% certain that I do not want to have chemo.

If anyone has had similar somewhat conflicting results from their genetic testing results (I also had BRCA testing, which came back negative), I would love their input.

Thank you,

Ilene

Log in to post a reply

Sep 30, 2021 06:20PM Marjmac wrote:

if you were able to understand the MammaPrint results that’s great. It says high risk also for me but not sure the benefit of chemo. What percentage improvement in taking chemo? Do you know which page of the report I should be looking at? Meeting with my oncologist tomorrow at 1 but he didn’t order the test another oncologist requested. Chemo supposedly starts on Saturday

Page 2 of 2 (32 results)