We are 196,467 members in 81 forums discussing 144,751 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results → Topic: Anyone else waiting for bone scan?

Topic: Anyone else waiting for bone scan?

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: May 18, 2017 03:17PM - edited May 18, 2017 04:09PM by VL22

VL22 wrote:

My surgery for a lumpectomy was scheduled, just waiting for Bilateral MRI results. Actually in hospital for pre surgery testing when Dr. calls to say surgery postponed due to MRI findings. When I tell him I'm actually in the hospital he comes to see me. A small mass not visible before has appeared. Also two "spots" on breast bone, all of which he believes will be "nothing". Immediately had ultrasound biopsy of mass - found out benign. Now waiting to get bone scan. Can someone wake me from this nightmare ?

Dx 5/5/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/15/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 6/23/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/10/2017 AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

May 18, 2017 05:08PM SSInUK wrote:

That's so scary for you I'm so sorry. But please try not to panic. Imaging turns up so many incidental findings. They have to follow procedures and double check. But the mass was benign - no reason the 'spots' won't be too. My stomach fell through the floor when an early CT scan turned up lung modules and I read the report that said 'm the context of bc may represent metasteses'. I nearly threw up. But many CT scans later they have remain unchanged and been dismissed as benign. Drs doing a thorough job is a good thing but can put ithe fear in us. Nothing in your diagnosis makes mets likely. Time enough to panic if there is a problem - till then don't let this disease rob you of the hours. Take care

Dx 11/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 3/30/2016, Left, Stage IIIC Surgery Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Surgery Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

May 19, 2017 01:40AM Michelle_in_cornland wrote:

The doctors have to go through all images with a fine tooth comb, and then another finer tooth comb. This is the world of a breast cancer patient. Find something to occupy your mind and time to get through this situation. I always recommend theraputic walking, sewing, beading, painting, etc. Hang in there!!

Live free - Oncotype 14, Take things as they come and you can do it!!! Dx 8/8/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/29/2016 Radiation Therapy 10/6/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 2/15/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Prophylactic ovary removal

May 19, 2017 08:50AM - edited May 19, 2017 10:26AM by VL22

Thank you so much for your responses! I read them whileat a school function for my 13 year old (who rocked his presentation!) and it was like a weight lifting from my shoulders. It's a new day and dwelling on unknowns is seriously robbing me of enjoying the moment. Truly appreciate it!

Dx 5/5/2017, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/15/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 6/23/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/10/2017 AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)