We are 199,591 members in 81 forums discussing 146,151 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results → Topic: IDC newly dx- her2 and fish both equivocal??

Topic: IDC newly dx- her2 and fish both equivocal??

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Jan 11, 2018 03:53PM

LHebs wrote:

I was dx 1/3/18 with IDC in my left breast at the age of 37. I am ER+ and PR+ but both the her2 and fish came back equivocal or inconclusive. The are recommending chemo before surgery as my axillary node biopsy came back positive. I am trying to figure out if I would be getting Herceptin and waiting to see the MO. Has this happened to anyone else? 

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jan 12, 2018 02:31AM SavedbyGrace1972 wrote:

LHebs,

Sorry that I don't have clear answers for you. I do believe there is another test they can use to test the HER2 but can't remember the name. My HER2 was borderline using the IHC. So they did the FISH and it came back negative. Ask if there are other labs to run the HER2 results for more conclusive results. Sorry you are joining the club that no one wants to be in. Waiting sucks but you will look back and say, hey I did it!

https://www.cancer.net/research-and-advocacy/asco-care-and-treatment-recommendations-patients/her2-testing-breast-cancer

Good luck

Jan 12, 2018 06:56AM tri wrote:

Mine is also equivocal from the biopsy. I have heard back on the FISH. I’m wondering if it’ll change with the surgery pathology.

Dx 8/16/2004, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/5/2004 AC Dx 1/7/2018, IDC, Right, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)