Join Us

We are 218,037 members in 84 forums discussing 160,860 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Losing my mind!

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Feb 19, 2019 04:22PM

Dawny74 wrote:

I am still in limbo. I had a week of constant tests last week - pet, mri, two lymphnode biopsies, skin biopsy (they didn’t use punch, just took a skin sample). Here’s what I know so far - both armpit lymphnodes came back with cancer, pet scan showed a suspicious area on my lower spine - prompting another biopsy that they haven’t scheduled yet, skin biopsy came back as inflammation - but not cancerous. They can’t rule out inflammatory because of the way the skin looks.

Surgeon is talking about putting a port in and chemo, when I don’t even know where I stand with anything.

Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Log in to post a reply

Feb 19, 2019 07:13PM edwards750 wrote:

I didn’t have chemo so I can’t speak to that but I’m wondering why he has already decided you need it. It seems premature but maybe he thinks with lymph node involvement it’s inevitable. I would ask him. It’s your life, your body and you have every right to ask questions about his decisions for your treatment. It’s also your right not to do chemo if you don’t want to. There are a number of ladies on this forum who chose not despite their medical teams recommending it. Their call - your call.

I was within an eyelash of having to do chemo but a low Oncotype score allowed me to dodge it and instead had radiation. I was so relieved. No one wants to do chemo for any number of reasons all understandable.

So do your homework about chemo and anything else to do with your particular breast cancer. There are a lot of savvy ladies on this website who can and will help with any questions and concerns you have.

Good luck!


Log in to post a reply

Feb 20, 2019 03:03PM beach2beach wrote:

If I can offer anything is that my sister who was 48 when she was diagnosed with IBC is alive, well and NED almost 10yrs later. She had chemo, surgery and radiation. She has seen her eldest daughter get married, have a child and now is expecting her second grandchild.

You will get through this.

Dx 7/28/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 9/11/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)
Log in to post a reply

Feb 21, 2019 10:03AM Salamandra wrote:

I wonder if you could arrange to see an MO. Many of us don't until after surgery, but you have enough going on that it might be worth it to meet one and have her explain things to you from her POV, and make sure you're confident with her.

The surgeon is not the expert or decider of whether or when you'll benefit getting chemo.

This limbo part is so hard! I think it may be natural to feel crazy. Do what you need to get through, whether it's video games, time off work, getting family or friends to visit, giving yourself alone time, asking for Ativan or something like it from a doctor, therapy, yoga, running, whatever helps.

Hoping for good news and fast news for you!!

Dx at 39. 1.8cm. Oncotype 9. Dx 9/19/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/18/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 12/3/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Fareston (toremifene)
Log in to post a reply

Feb 25, 2019 03:09PM footloose wrote:

Dawny- Have you had any breast surgery or just axillary? I was confused by your note but wanted to understand before I tried to help.

Dx 1989, IDC: Papillary, Left, <1cm, ER+/PR- Dx 6/2002, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 11/2005, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR- Dx 12/18/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (DUAL) Dx 1/28/2019, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (DUAL) Dx 1/28/2019, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/12 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)