We are 222,741 members in 81 forums discussing 156,886 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Waiting on biopsy... so scared

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Apr 22, 2019 10:13PM

urbanfarm wrote:

Im 47 and had my annual mammo a week ago. They noticed a dense area that wasn't there last year. I have dense breast anyways. So went in for a breast ultrasound. Said he saw a small spot that he wants to check to make sure what it is. So now i have a biopsy scheduled for this Friday. I called my regular dr to see if she could tell me more about the report that the radiologist sent her. She said that there is a small pea size spot that is solid but is by itself and has no blood flow to it. Which she said is a good sign but because its solid, they want to do a biopsy. She said if it is cancer that it is small enough to get out and not worry. But she didnt say if it was or not. Could it be fibroadenomas? I am so scared and worried but have been praying so much. I am also in menopause. Please let me know if there is anyone out there who can tell me more or had this experience. Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

Apr 22, 2019 10:43PM Wren44 wrote:

The majority of biopsies are benign. No one can tell what it is until the biopsy is sent to the lab. Lack of blood flow is a good thing. It sounds like it would be easily treated if it is cancer, Try not to worry. Worrying won't change anything and it will make you miserable. I'm sorry you have to wait for the biopsy and then for the lab report. It's really good that they're being careful. It sounds like you're in good hands. Please let us know what you find out. We'll be holding your hand on Friday. Hugs.

Lumpectomy and re-excision followed by mastectomy of right breast. Five years of anastrasole completed.

Apr 22, 2019 10:58PM urbanfarm wrote:

Wren44 Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!

Apr 24, 2019 10:24PM Rrobin0200 wrote:

I currently have a pea size lump, so I went to my surgeon who did an ultrasound... it’s just a benign cyst. No blood flow is a very good thing. Stay positive.

Dx 3/6/2017, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 3/31/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Apr 25, 2019 10:20PM urbanfarm wrote:

ok thank you so much and so happy for you

May 6, 2019 01:39AM Via wrote:

you have one thing that will make you win and that is faith! Pray hard to God and hope all comes out good. This path is hard and scary but with God you can do it! I am 39 and I got a positive biopsy. I had surgery and started the hormone therapy. But I can tellyou this God has help me and without him this path is impossible to walk. I have faith that you have nothing!!!

May 6, 2019 01:40AM Via wrote:

you have one thing that will make you win and that is faith! Pray hard to God and hope all comes out good. This path is hard and scary but with God you can do it! I am 39 and I got a positive biopsy. I had surgery and started the hormone therapy. But I can tellyou this God has help me and without him this path is impossible to walk. I have faith that you have nothing!!!

May 6, 2019 07:31AM urbanfarm wrote:

mine is benign as well! Praise God!

May 6, 2019 07:33AM urbanfarm wrote:

yes thank you! God is good!! I pray to him everyday. My spot is benign!

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)