We are 222,740 members in 81 forums discussing 156,886 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: In a holding pattern

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: May 9, 2019 06:37AM

DogMomRunner wrote:

I thought everything was a go until I met with the MO yesterday. He wants to punt it back to the surgeon for surgery first and then chemo. But he also said that if the surgeon really felt she couldn't get good margins then he would do the chemo first. He wants to have more information about stage before starting chemo (basically if it needs to include Perjeta and another chemo drug or just Taxol and Herceptin). Which is a legitimate concern I think. So I drove over to see the BS after MO appointment for another US.

Now the BS is not so sure about the 1.3cm size estimate. She is thinking it is possibly 1.5-1.8cm because of some dense tissue surrounding it. She really wants to do lumpectomy instead of mastectomy and is worried about it because I have smaller breasts. So she wants an MRI. And she wanted to delay my port placement (tomorrow) until MRI results.

I told her that I thought I should go ahead and the get the port done Friday. Both MO and BS say I'm not going to avoid chemo so why not? I have already go the pre-op work done and the day off.

My MRI has been scheduled for next Tuesday. I think both the MO and the BS have legitimate concerns but I kind of feel like ticking time bomb. What if the tumor has grown since diagnosis. I want it gone, like as in yesterday

You ain't run far enough to say My legs have failed You ain't gone far enough You ain't worked hard enough You ain't run far enough to say It ain't gonna get any better. Nathaniel Rateliff Dx 4/24/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 5/17/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 6/6/2019 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/6/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel)
Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Log in to post a reply

May 9, 2019 06:56AM Ingerp wrote:

Ugh. I hear you on wanting it gone but a few days/weeks won't matter. Are you committed to getting a port? I've done all of mine through IV and was happy not to have the extra surgery.

Dx 3/11/2016, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 3/22/2016 Lumpectomy Surgery 4/19/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/17/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 3/2/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 3/12/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Targeted Therapy 5/17/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/17/2018 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/19/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)