Join Us

We are 217,585 members in 84 forums discussing 160,640 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Microcalcifcation cluster - possible DCIS?

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Sep 7, 2020 07:13PM

hijinx50 wrote:

In 2005 I was diagnosed with IDC with lumpectomy, radiation & 10 years of Tamoxifen/Femara. My Mammogram has shown a 3mm cluster of Macrocalcifications in the scar site and have a biopsy scheduled for this Thursday. The report states it is Grade 3 indeterminate cluster. No calcifications showed up last year. Has anyone experienced this? If it is DCIS then what are the surgery options considering I have already had radiation?

Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Log in to post a reply

Sep 17, 2020 05:48AM Valentine214 wrote:

I am waiting for a diagnostic mammo on Monday due to a call back. I believe, if there is DCIS/IDC, I would need a mastectomy due to prior radiation. I do not believe you can have rads twice on the same breast.

Stacy Dx 9/19/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 10/16/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/21/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 4/22/2018 3DCRT: Breast Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)