Join Us

We are 224,318 members in 83 forums discussing 163,493 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Waiting for Test Results and Freaking out

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Jul 29, 2021 12:22PM

hhealy1127 wrote:

I had my mammo call back. Had a 3D mammo and ultrasound, my BI-RADS is 4B and I have close family breast cancer history. I have architectual distortion and a 1.3cm mass under the AD. I'm waiting for the biopsy on Aug 12th (first avail date) and I'm freaking out! And trying not to do research, just wait for my biopsy and results. The waiting is SOOOO hard! Any advice?

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Jul 29, 2021 02:42PM Moderators wrote:

Hi hhealy1127 and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're so sorry you find yourself here and worrying, but we're really glad you've found us. You're sure to get some great support here while you wait for your biopsy and figure out what's going on.

While you wait for your biopsy, try your best to keep your mind busy. Read a book, binge some TV, get out for some exercise, focus on a puzzle, or deep dive into work. The less you think about things, the less you'll worry and jump to conclusions!

We're all here for you. Please keep us posted with what you find out. Sending you good thoughts!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jul 29, 2021 06:31PM LivinLife wrote:

Hi hhealy! Of course you're worried! Please don't bing/google. Stick with this site for info or you'll end up down a bad rabbit hole that will tell you many things likely not even related to your situation. That will be tough - the long wait for biopsy though also not that unusual - often a week or so depending... You could call every so often to see if they have a cancelation. It won't help much if they only do biopsies once or twice per week like in my area.... less of a likelihood they'd get you in earlier though worth a call or two.... Do what you can to keep yourself occupied with enjoyable and/or relaxing activities while waiting - and you will still worry. Keep in mind BIRADS 4 comes back benign in about 80% of biopsies - I hope you are one of the 80%!

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Jul 30, 2021 09:56AM hhealy1127 wrote:

Thank you for the encouraging words!! I am keeping as busy as I can and staying off google!! I do call every other day to see if they have cancellations none yet but hoping maybe next week! The waiting is hard, but not much you can do! I'm so glad I found this site!!

Take care everyone! I'll post back my results when I have them, hoping for the best!

Aug 5, 2021 03:33AM Jabbawaki wrote:

best wishes

Aug 5, 2021 10:46AM 4kids4dogs wrote:

hheally,

hi. i also have a bi-rads of 4b. i have my biopsy tomorrow. waiting is soooo hard.

i pray we both get clear results!!!!

DX - 8/9/21 IDC ER+/PR+/HER2+

Aug 5, 2021 11:11AM hhealy1127 wrote:

Thank you!!

Aug 5, 2021 11:12AM hhealy1127 wrote:

Hi 4kids4dogs!

Good luck tomorrow I will keep you in my prayers!! My biopsy is next Thursday and the waiting is really hard! But keepng as busy as you can helps!

Wishing you all the best!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)