Join Us

We are 224,420 members in 83 forums discussing 163,543 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Failed Oncotype DX Test

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Aug 26, 2021 07:52PM

AWS wrote:

My first test failed because of not enough tissue. The second test has been in limbo for more than two weeks. My oncologist advised just to start radiation.

Anyone else have failed tests? It is so frustrating to wait and not get results.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Aug 26, 2021 10:07PM edwards750 wrote:

No I haven’t. I had the tests done and my results came back in 2 weeks. Luckily for me my score was low@11 so I dodged chemo. I was DX in 2011 so maybe the results take longer now. Can’t your MO or his nurse call to see what the holdup is? My tests were done by Genomic Labs.

If it were me I wouldn’t do anything until I got the results.

Good luck I know how hard it is to wait. I was a nervous wreck until I got mine.

Diane

Aug 26, 2021 11:09PM Moderators wrote:

Welcome, AWS. We're so sorry you're stuck in this limbo; as edwards750 mentioned, we know how hard the wait is! We hope you get answers soon.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Aug 27, 2021 02:52PM barbara4 wrote:

Hi AWS,

I am sory about your failed test. I am not an expert in breast cancer however I learned a lot reading this blog. I had a lot of DCIS and a 4mm IDC. My MO did not requested the Oncotype test because she said that my tumor was too small and that the result could lead to confussion more so than be helpful. I think that I read somewhere in here that after the surgery the pathologist takes tissue from the tumor to test the hormone receptors, so less tissue remains to do the Oncotype test, but I am not sure at 100%. I had radiation based in 1 close margin, LVI and micromets 0.3 mm in one node. How old are you? What is your diagnosis? DCIS? IDC? LCIS ? What size is the your tumor ? Did you have wide margins ? Why is the radiation is recommended?

Barb

Aug 27, 2021 03:35PM AWS wrote:

Hi! I am 65 with hormone-positive Stage 1 cancer. The tumor was less than 3 cm. No wide margins. I will be on the hormone blocker for 5 years after radiation .

That makes sense about not enough tissue.

Thanks for your response.

Aug 27, 2021 03:35PM AWS wrote:

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)