Join Us

We are 224,391 members in 83 forums discussing 163,527 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Super high Ki67 score but low Oncotype Score

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 09:40AM

Awakened2021 wrote:

Hi all, my first post here but I feel strongly about sharing my recent experience re Oncotype, so that any person in a similar situation may have some peace of mind.

So I had my mastectomy plus reconstruction in July. Post surgery pathology report reviewed two less than 1cm tumours mixed with DCIS. ER and PR are both strongly positive (Allred score 8 for both). HER2 negative (1+). All seemed pretty positive except for the dreaded Ki67 of 95%! I had not come across anyone on any forum who had a higher score than me which is HR positive and HER2 negative. Needless to say I was very worried, especially after reading about the positive correlation between Ki67 and Oncotype scores. By the way, my mitosis score is 1. Nottingham grade is 6 out of 9.

Anyway, after a couple of agonising weeks of waiting for my Oncotype score, today I got the report back with a low score of 14 and I was so relieved! My doctor cannot explain this either and simply told me that Oncotype would trump Ki67 in terms of deciding treatment plans. I just want to share with you my experience so that anyone in a similar boat may worry less.

Dx June 2021 at age 39, IDC/DCIS, papillary, stage 1A, <1cm, multifocal, ER+/PR+, HER2-, left mastectomy with immediate DIEP reconstruction, currently on Tam.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Aug 27, 2021 10:30AM Moderators wrote:

Hi Awakened2021, and welcome to Breastcancer.org!

We're so sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we're glad you've found us, decided to join, and post your story. Thank you for sharing! We're sure your words will bring some relief to others facing a similar situation.

We look forward to seeing you around the boards! Let us know if you need anything at all.

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)