Join Us

We are 224,319 members in 83 forums discussing 163,493 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Waiting on HER 2 results

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Sep 8, 2021 01:46PM

BCnewbie wrote:

Hello everyone! I am newly diagnosed with Invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 2, and ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), nuclear grade 3, solid and cribriform patterns with focal necrosis and microcalcifications.

I just received word that I am ER+/PR+ and my HER 2 results with a score of 2 and so now I am waiting for additional staining (FISH).

Has anyone been in this situation? I'm curious how significant a score of 2 is? How likely is it to come back positive? I am also waiting to schedule genetic testing and wondering how any of this might affect the path of my treatment. Any information would be helpful!

Also just wanted to say how informative and helpful this forum is! It has answered so many questions for me!

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Sep 8, 2021 03:08PM MinusTwo wrote:

BC - welcome although we're sorry you have to be here. I was ER/PR negative but HER2+, but you'll find lots of women who are triple positive. I just wanted to say that it's not a bad thing to be HER2+. There are so many treatments now that are not otherwise available. One frequent result is that you have chemo before surgery (neoadjuvant), but each MO is different.

The waiting is terrible we know. Try to keep your mind occupied with walks or binge watching TV. Hope the wait isn't too long.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Sep 8, 2021 03:53PM LivinLife wrote:

Just want to welcome you BCnewbie! I can't really add anything to what MinusTwo said.... At this point you're waiting on more results to firm up a plan and the waiting is soooo difficult. Do the best at taking care of you during this time.....

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Sep 8, 2021 04:23PM - edited Sep 8, 2021 04:23PM by BCnewbie

Thank you for your responses LivinLife and MinusTwo! Just got the call and I AM HER2 negative! I'm so grateful at how quickly my healthcare provider is able to give me answers! It's also nice to hear the encouragement and feedback of those who have experienced this already! Thank you so much!

Sep 8, 2021 05:12PM Moderators wrote:

Hi BCnewbie and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're so very sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but we're really glad you've found us. As you can already see, our Community is full of amazing members always willing to offer advice, information, encouragement, and support -- we're all here for you!

You mention waiting for genetic testing and what that could mean for your treatment. The main Breastcancer.org site has an extensive section on Genetic Testing that could give you some great insight on what this could all mean.

We hope this helps and please let us know if there's anything at all we can do to help! Welcome again!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)