Join Us

We are 224,253 members in 83 forums discussing 163,465 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Developing focal asymmetry in other breast

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results —

Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Sep 21, 2021 06:06PM - edited Sep 21, 2021 06:08PM by Marcar1

Marcar1 wrote:

I was dx in January with IDC grade 2 stage 1B Er/pr + Her2-. One lymph node Mets. Lumpectomy and radiation and now on Letrazole. I have heterogeneously dense breasts. In August at a six month post treatment bilateral diagnostic mammo and ultrasound (I have palpable lumps in both breast) the radiologist saw a developing focal asymmetry in the non-cancer breast and recommended a six month follow up. I told my oncologist that I am not comfortable waiting six months. I want it biopsied now. I HAVE HAD BREAST CANCER!! My sister is undergoing breast cancer treatment now too. I have asked for a second opinion because my oncologist stands with the 6 month follow up. Am I being unreasonable to request a biopsy now??

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Sep 22, 2021 06:00AM LivinLife wrote:

Nope - you are not being unreasonable with your history, and I would say recent history and lumps, at that. I hope they put the order in... I could see if there was little change since August then maybe a 6 month follow-up.... Please let us know. Best!

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)