Topic: Anyone with enlarged mediastinal lymph node?

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results — Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Dec 21, 2021 11:00PM - edited Dec 22, 2021 09:49AM by sharonlstanfield

Posted on: Dec 21, 2021 11:00PM - edited Dec 22, 2021 09:49AM by sharonlstanfield

sharonlstanfield wrote:

I was diagnosed with IDC 11/14/21. Surgery has not ben completed but biopsy showed HR+, HER2-, grade 1. Recent PET/CT showed enlarged (2.5cm) superior mediastinal lymph node. There was no metabolic activity shown on PET or, FDG uptake was low enough to classify it as non-malignant. The Radiologist made no recommendation for biopsy but I am pushing back on that. If it's a false negative that would classify me as stage IV and without treatment my odds would not be good. Please advise if you have had anything similar. I'm freaking out.

Page 3 of 3 (24 results)

Feb 24, 2022 09:12PM sharonlstanfield wrote:

ParakeetsRule-

Thank you! I’m still in shock! There are great doctors out there and he’s definitely one of them! No insurance or debit cards involved. Just a heartfelt call from a caring doctor who doesn’t know me but wants the best for me! Who knew?!

Mar 1, 2022 11:19PM sharonlstanfield wrote:

Update: I am scheduled with Dr. Benjamin Smith at MD Anderson in Houston March 8th-10th! He stepped in and expedited my appointment, otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten in until the end of May! God is great! I’ll post an update after my visit. I hope you all are doing well. Many Blessings to each of you!

Mar 13, 2022 03:08AM sharonlstanfield wrote:

Well, just got home from MD Anderson. Here’s the concerning part of the chest CT. “Bilateral nonspecific pulmonary nodules and enlarged right upper mediastinal node. Metastatic disease cannot be excluded“ It also showed a prominent right hilar lymph node measured at .9mm. They are holding off on updated staging pending biopsy of the mediastinal node. I am flying back for that once scheduled. Seriously stressed.

Mar 13, 2022 03:14PM parakeetsrule wrote:

When is the biopsy? Hopefully you don't have to wait too long! And I'm glad they are doing that for you instead of waiting like your other doctors wanted to.

Stage 2 at 37, Stage 4 at 41. Cancer is dumb. Cookies are good. Dx 3/21/2017, IDC, Left, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/15/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 12/13/2021 Piqray (alpelisib) Dx IDC, Other, Stage IV, ER+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 3 of 3 (24 results)

Scroll to top button