Topic: Is ER+ PR- common?

Forum: Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results — Share with and support others all waiting for test results from CAT scan, PET scan, Oncotype tests, Mammaprint, FISH, IHC, and other diagnostic tests.

Posted on: Apr 21, 2022 06:26PM

Posted on: Apr 21, 2022 06:26PM

noey69 wrote:

Hi all,

I was diagnosed at the end of February with Invasive carcinoma with lobular and ductal features; 18mm spiculated mass. ER+ PR- HER2-

I've had lumpectomy and they did find macrometastases in one sentinel lymph node. Awaiting Oncotype score now.

I have a few questions/ wonderings about others' experiences...

1. Even though the mass was small and it was only found in 1 lymph node... how do I know that it isn't in other places? I've kind of gotten paranoid with every ache and pain now wondering if it has spread elsewhere.
  2. I'm also a little curious about the PR- component. My surgeon mentioned that it could impact follow up treatment - something about Tamoxifen not being as effective. Anyone have experience with that? Is there a different course of treatment b/c of PR-?
  3. Radiation.... do I really need it? I have such sensitive skin, I'm paranoid about how that will play out.
Thanks in advance for any advice or sharing!
Surgery 4/1/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/1/2022 Left breast Dx ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 1/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2022

Page 2 of 2 (14 results)

Apr 28, 2022 05:28AM noey69 wrote:

sarahmaude, I just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you and your situation and hope that your appointment gave you a clear path of treatment that you feel comfortable and confident with

Take care!

N

Surgery 4/1/2022 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/1/2022 Left breast Dx ILC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, 1/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2022

Apr 28, 2022 02:48PM sarahmaude wrote:

Noey69, I'm moving forward. For me, chemo increases my odds of distant free survival by almost 25%. I didn't think about the fact that greater risk also might mean much greater reward.

I do have pretty good peace of mind, and my focus is on getting through chemo. I'm pretty healthy other than having cancer (snort), so I'm hoping that will make my treatment more manageable. I'm also armed with all the wisdom of the women who've gone before me and shared small comforts and coping aids. Knowing that a lot of people go this road without the prep, both mental and practical, that I've had is empowering. I've got my kit of knowledge and "stuff"

Have you seen an MO and gotten post surgical staging? Was your node a microinvasion or an actual positive node? If it's a microinvasion, you will be stage IA. If it's actually "positive", then you'll be IIA. If you end up Stage 2, join us in the Stage 2 Sisters thread.

I'm thinking about you too and hope you are doing well. What's next for you?

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

Apr 28, 2022 05:43PM noey69 wrote:

Hey sarahmaude - 25% is significant! I wish you all the best and mild side effects.

I did meet with my MO yesterday. I am Stage IIA, as the lymph node was positive. She explained that my odds of recurrence were low... around 16% with AI's and that would only improve by about 5-7% with chemo. She said that the same result is being shown by just shutting down ovaries from producing estrogen (something still being studied, but likely to be proven). Since I'm so close to being post-menopausal, she is recommending Lupron injections until hormone levels indicate that I'm solidly in that stage.

So, that's where I am. I have my simulation appointment tomorrow for radiation. I'll have 4 weeks of that and then monthly injections and meds will begin late May.

I will be checking out the Stage 2 Sisters thread!

Thanks for the message! :)

May 2, 2022 11:07PM katg wrote:

Stage 2...... I was happy with that. 5cm tumor, but no metastasis. Wait, the tumor confirmed Her2+. No wonder my tumor was big. Add in BRAC2 and i do not get to rest easy thinking all is good. Nope. On that Herceptin and projeta every 3 weeks. Femara every day. Today i had the specialized surgery on my nose to remove a Basel cell. 3 cuts and it is good, but the stitches and the bandage remind me more wound care in the middle of my face. I put off finding a new dermatologist and finally accepted a new one at the City of Hope with my PA Alex's recommendation. 4 months after she suggested.

Tomorrow i see my Breast surgeon after my mammogram. Only my 2nd mammogram ever and after I remove my last breast, only MRI's. Crazy. The hope is no cancer has arrived, so i can have the surgery once my DVT is over. Sarahmaude...did you have one? I saw you wrote DVT!

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2022 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/9/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Aesthetic Flat Closure, Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Removal (Left), Tissue Expander Dx IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

Page 2 of 2 (14 results)

Scroll to top button