Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for test results, oncotype I think

Options
Fitmom04
Fitmom04 Member Posts: 40

I just had my appointment with the medical oncologist. Very nice doctor. So now because my estrogen as low positive at 3% and the progesterone and Her2 are negative, he also mentioned the a test to see the biology of the cancer to see if chemo would actually help or not. I’m thinking oncotype He said if I were all negative, chemo for sure and if more positive, hormones for sure. But because it's not clear cut, then we're not sure which would be more beneficial. So hopefully the radiation oncologist sent it out already and the results would be in soon. Otherwise, we wait another 2-3 weeks for the results. More waiting argh!!!! I just want to yell!!! Now I understand why people get so frustrated with our health care system.

Comments

• wishiwasnthere
    wishiwasnthere Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2022
    Options

I’m in the same boat. Saw medical oncologist on Wednesday. He’s ordering the oncotype test. Have to wait 3 weeks for results. Aaarrrggghhhh! The waiting is awful. I hope you get a good result.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited September 2022
    Options

I hate you guys have to wait for the results but if you get a low score(11) like I did it’s worth the wait to dodge chemo. My wait was 2 weeks.

Diane