We are 185,976 members in 80 forums discussing 140,322 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Benign Breast Conditions → Topic: breast cyst...

Topic: breast cyst...

Forum: Benign Breast Conditions —

A safe place to worry for members who have not been diagnosed with breast cancer, but have concerns about their breasts.

Posted on: Apr 20, 2017 08:22AM

yummymommy wrote:

a couple of months ago I had ultrasound and the incidentally found a small cysts of 0.03 cm which I cant even feel. I was told it comes and goes with menstrual cycle and nothing to worry about. I now had another ultrasound for different reason and they cyst is still there. I still don't feel it and it doesn't cause me any pain, but I was wondering because I thoughts cysts go away on their own, buts it like 5 months and still hasn't gone away. I'm also pregnant so I don't have my regular cycles, I thought it will go away. can a cyst ever turn into cancer???

im generally a real worrier so I worry about this as well.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 20, 2017 08:42AM MelissaDallas wrote:

They don't necessarily go away, and benign cysts don't turn into cancer.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Apr 20, 2017 11:58AM EpicSquirrel wrote:

If it is a "simple cyst" which most of them are there is nothing to worry about. They might come and go with menstrual cycles or other reasons (diet/caffeine impacts me) but sometimes they stay around for years. If it gets bigger and starts causing pain they can aspirate it. Even with aspiration, if it is a simple cyst, they usually don't even bother sending the fluid out to the lab.

Small dense breasts and fibrocystic disease. History of large painful breast cysts since age 38, about 10 years ago. Several fine needle aspirations over the past 10 years, one core biopsy (Feb 2017), and one surgical excision biopsy (March 2017)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)