Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pain on left breast only when pressed. Help

Options
olivia79
olivia79 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in Benign Breast Conditions

I am 38yrs. After hysterectomy last year I had been having painful breast. Dr said it is due to hormonal imbalance. USG showed some fibroadenoma. 1 largest one was removed during surgery it was 1 cm and benign.

starting at around 10 days ago in my left breast there's this pain that felt when i press on it. like when i wear seatbelt or wear sling bag I can feel sharp pain. But i dont feel it when i dont touch it. I cannot feel any lump. it feels like there is breast tissue injured but i cannot think of any incident causing it so. it is very painful when i first press it but when i give it a massage the pain is not that bad. like bruise on your knee it is painful when i first press it but when u rub it the pain somehow lessen.

the pain is deep inside the breast not close tp skin.

No changes in physical appearance.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

I am so worried. I read abt IBC and pain is usually one of the symptom.

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• tarheelmichelle
    tarheelmichelle Member Posts: 248
    Options

Olivia, your mind might not be at peace unless you ask your doctor to give you a CT scan. Not a mammogram, XRay or sonogram, all of which your doctor will probably make you do first.

It could be something with your lung, not your breast. I had a deep pain that I thought was deep in my breast. They couldn't find anything with a sonogram, but just the pressure of the instrument against my breast was hurting me. The person checking me even asked her supervisor to try as well, she could tell I was in pain.

The pain ended up being in my lung. It just FELT like my breast.

I'm hoping it's nothing serious with you. I'm sharing my story just in case your doctor can't find anything with a Mammo.

Call your doctor. That's why we have doctors. Worry won't help you find answers.

Wishing you the best.

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    Options

I'm IBC - never had pain. Nor does what you wrote sound like IBC. IBC is rare - only between 1 - 4 women out of 100 who get a DX (diagnosis) of DCIS, IDC, ILC and IBC (Ductal Carcinoma In Situ, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Invasive Lobular Carcinoma, Inflammatory Breast Cancer) will actually be IBC.

Be careful not to have 'Dr Quack Google' DX (diagnose) you or self DX based on what 'you read' on Google. There is a lot of totally bogus junk that shows up there - but there is also a lot of good info. 'You' just have to be able to ignore the junk.

Most breast pain is associated with benign issues and/or hormones. As you have a DX of fibroadenomas - it would probably be a good idea to call your Dr.

It might be a good idea to post your questions in the Benign Forum.

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    Options

If I already knew I had fibrocystic breasts like you do my first assumption would be a cyst or hormones making my breasts hurt, not IBC or anything sinister. Time to for a new ultrasound and/or mammogram.

• olivia79
    olivia79 Member Posts: 2
    Options

thank u all so much for all the replies

i had usg in march 3 months ago. thats when they found the rather large lump on my right breast and removed it. they left all other small cysts and ask me to come.back in 3-6months for monitoring.

this pain now is on my leff breast and it seems like it is inside the breast instead of the ribs. more like sore /wound pain than the kind of pain i usually feel from the cysts. the pain from the cyst i can feel it being painful even when im not touching it. but this time the pain is more severe but only when i press it.

i will go to the benign condition forum

thanks u all. this has been a great forum

God bless you all ladies..

• NishaKrishna
    NishaKrishna Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hai olivia,

For the last two days i have the same pain as explained by u.Have u consulted with ur doctor?what he says?im also planning to consult with doctor.

Ur reply will be relaxation for me.

Thank u in advance.

• NishaKrishna
    NishaKrishna Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hai olivia,

"starting at around 2days ago in my right breast there's this pain that felt when i press on it. But i dont feel it when i dont touch it. I cannot feel any lump. it feels like there is breast tissue injured but i cannot think of any incident causing it so. it is very painful when i first press it but when i give it a massage the pain is not that bad. like bruise on your knee it is painful when i first press it but when u rub it the pain somehow lessen.

the pain is deep inside the breast not close tp skin.

No changes in physical appearance."

I am feeling same pain as yours.Can i know what was yuir doctor's advice?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,903
    Options

HI NishaKrishna! Welcome to Breastcancer.org.

We've seen that Olivia hasn't been active in the forums since June 2017, so she probably won't see your question. If you want to contact her, you can send her a private message, which is like an email in the Community. For that, you'll have to click on her username, and under her profile you'll see the option to send a private message. Hope you get an appointment with your doctor too, and please let us know how it goes!

The Mods

• LBM5
    LBM5 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi everyone prayers,

I started having breast pain while breast feeding. 2015/16 Thought it was that. First before got pregnant I guess huge painful limb in right arm bite maybe 3-6 months. Then pregnant it stopped.

I didn’t tell Dr until after stopped feeding at 16 months. Waiting thinking it was from feeding couldn’t feel anything except don’t nick my breast. Oct 17. Told dr he ordered mamagram/Ultrasound. I just got it done today. Didn’t like all the measuring.

9’ o’clock / 11 o’clock. Results in 2-4 days she said. 35 minutes on that breast. Only ten on the other.