We are 214,045 members in 82 forums discussing 152,596 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Biopsy aftermath and Benign Breast Conditions questions

Forum: Benign Breast Conditions —

A safe place to worry for members who have not been diagnosed with breast cancer, but have concerns about their breasts.

Posted on: Jul 28, 2018 02:01PM

Psychfan wrote:

My biopsy went easier than I expected it to be wore a cat mask to it ! The only thing I felt was the quick lidocaine sting that made my feet jump !

I did have severe anxiety before that I was getting nauseauated fearing it was going to be painful and for so long instead it wasn't painful and was shorter than I had expected it to be .

My sxs Right after the Biopsy Nauseau, Very sore shoulder , burning in the sternum area and at the top of the breast bone, tired , and a bit light headed.

Tues Severe pain in the stomach , nauseau still , had twinges in breast area

Wed Period arrived Stomach cramps settled down, tired wanted to continue to sleep after 9 but still had to wake up,as I had stuff to do .

Thurs,not much appetite still made my son his b-day dinner with his friends even tho his b-day isn't until in a week but this was the only day they could make it as they be out of town for awhile like til the mid August . I was tired and falling to sleep almost on the computer after his friends left . Bruising started to appear . Heart burn feeling this day right in the lower part below of the sternum .

Fri Lower part of Armpit is sore it also makes a clicking sound when I move my left arm up and i am very very very tired today . I also haven't eaten much just ate some cheese with guacomole , nutri grain and some egg sandwich for dinner . Today was the first day after the biopsy that I didn't wake up like at 6 am and then fall back asleep as i slept straight thru today ! I do have a bit of a headache

Sat I'm still feeling pretty tired and do have a bit heartburn feeling below sternum area only 5 days out of biopsy site . First day I slept to 10 am after losing sleep on Monday due to a mistake a clinic ride made so I barely had any sleep on Monday due to that along with nerves keeping me up that nite then I fell asleep that day at 6am thinking I would get 5 hrs of sleep that day but only ended up with 2 because they called up at 8 saying are you up ! I'm coming at 10 ( why in the world wake me up at 8 am when you say your not going to show up until 10 ? Then continue to call at like 8:30 sharing that I had the wrong time and it was at 1030 and that she be here at 10 to take me to it . Then I call up n go oh of course it's still the same time as in 1:30 . So here I couldn't fall back to sleep because after being woken up due to a mistake by that person then trying to get back to sleep calls kept coming in one after another .

Mon nite Trouble getting to sleep woke up on Tues Morning at 6 am . Fell Back Asleep at 730

Tues Morning Fully Awake at like 9 ,Tues Nite Trouble getting to sleep until like 3:30 . Woke up at 6 am on Wednesday morning fell back to sleep at 7 am Wed morning

Wed Forced to wake up at 8:30 am because my grocery transportation was coming at 9 am to take me shopping since I don't drive and I felt I could sleep even longer than 830

Thurs and Fri morning I actually slept straight to 9 am on Thursday and Fri . Still Thursday & Fri Nite Pretty tired at nite time .

I did get my biopsy results back yesterday they said from the core needle biopsy it's benign fibrofatty tissue with fat necrosis and rare calcium oxalate crystals on my left side so I'm wondering what you guys think of those results?

I don't remember having any trauma or surgery to that area in the past . I did do a lot of on demand breast feeding for a extended period of time all the way until my son was about to start school . He automatically weaned himself off after that . Which was quite a long time ago as he is a high school kid now. I did have a lot of surgeries as a kid with having lots of sticky stuff stuck to me on my chest so if fat necrosis of the breast is due to surgery trauma would that make my biopsy site have trouble healing or forming more fat necrosis because of the biopsy ?

Also , is it more likely for the other breast as in my right side to have the same thing that my left side ended up getting diagnosed with even tho my right side didn't get biopsied but it did show calcifications on my right side which the dr figured they were more likely benign without a biopsy on the right side .

I know I'm just 5 days into recovery and I am happy that I don't have cancer but for those who have had biopsy when were you guys more up to par ?

Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (29 results)

Posts 1 - 29 (29 total)

Log in to post a reply

Aug 9, 2018 09:23AM ne0n wrote:

I don't know if this helps at all, but I got a breast biopsy about a week ago and I'm still dealing with bruises and some pent up emotions. I also happily don't have cancer, but I apparently have fibroadenomas and one fibrocystic breast and I'm dealing with my menstrual cycle, which has made my already bruised breast quite sore. I've been putting natural moisturizer on it, which has certainly helped the skin heal up a bi, which helps. It's still weird to feel bumps and residual soreness in my breast, though, even though my doctor/s were very assured that everything looked fine.

(I looked through the records they emailed me as well, but the lady who performed the ultrasound had slightly different notes than what they put in the report. I guess all I'm saying is that I'm with you in feeling a lot of mixed emotions around a biopsy, even a benign one.)

Log in to post a reply

Aug 9, 2018 03:44PM Psychfan wrote:

Neon Congrats on your B9 result . It's a pain to have a cycle so soon after the biopsy . I'm already 4 days from nearly hitting it being 3 weeks since my biopsy been done . Finally after 2 weeks I been able to lay on my front without having me squinting in pain or going ugh ! I do get burning in my breasts like a heartburn type of twinges which I have read that's the nerves reworking up but it's annoying . Even tho I do sometimes get some cringing pain still but not as bad as it had been but it's bad when it acts up when I'm out shopping so if I need a urge to comfort my sore spot I go run to the bathroom stall in the grocery store then go back to my shopping trying to make it more comfortable.

Plus, there isn't much information out there on B9 conditions and you wish that doctors who describe the type of b9 condition go in the report state more in definition what it would mean and if it would mean that more fat necrosis would grow in my breast after getting biopsied and would my right one be more likely to have it . I'm hoping when i have to go in for my female exam the next time maybe he would be more defining of what fat necrosis is and how in the world did it get damaged inside

As I have read that people along the lines that have to take a calcium supplement along with their vitamins it's more likely to form Calcium Oxalate in their blood stream which can appear as calicifications on any part of xrays and that some people with thyroid issues are more likely to have that issue because thyroid issues can affect Calcium issues especially if needed to be removed. That was on a thyroid group that I have been on where I read that information and I take Calcium Supplement because I have no thyroid so I started thinking could it be the cause of my Calicifications because I have to take extra Calcium ?

Log in to post a reply

Aug 10, 2018 12:53PM ne0n wrote:

I wish there was more information too. My poor partner is a bit over hearing me voice my worries (because benign is great news!), but it's hard. Now I'm so hyperfocused on everything on that breast... there's a stretch mark that I'm fairly certain has always been there, but I'm suddenly unsure and hoping it's not a dimpling. Any pink spots are suddenly a little more suspect. And the breast pain from my normal period, plus having one newly-diagnosed fibrocystic breast... it's just hard to relax. I feel as though I should be booking a 3-month checkup or something, and of course, googling for information only brings up terrifying things. :/

I've never heard that about calcium, but I'd love to know! It would be useful to hear more from people with benign conditions as well (for instance, I use my right arm for several hours a day for work, but not my left... and my fibrocystic changes are all in my right. It seems linked because this is my first year doing work like this, but there is literally nothing I have found to back this feeling up.) It's hard to be losing sleep and feeling on edge all the time, even after getting good news.

Log in to post a reply

Aug 10, 2018 02:42PM - edited Aug 10, 2018 02:44PM by Psychfan

It's like in our mind we had a biopsy because of a belief of an bad abnormality in our breast and it's a mix of a normal abnormality but not a bad abnormality but it can lead us to big time confusion that's for sure because it's like why aren't we sent some paper work to our home with explanation of these b9 conditions or to go back for like a follow up after they did a procedure on you to check for proper healing but instead it's like for some come back in a year for your next mammo !

Plus, the doctor who did the biopsy wasn't the one who called about the b9 result it was just the front desk going oh your result is B9 come back in a year . I wouldn't have known anything if it wasn't for the pathology report online .

Then you wonder with this biopsy going did it create damage to my breast that I'm going to start getting other things and with the off & on pain from the biopsy healing it's like why couldn't they know better without having to injure my breast as you would think with them being around so many types that you would assume it would be like why can't they tell by looking as wouldn't all those things look the same when they are same different types of B9 ones . Now we are wondering did they make the normal abnormality worse or added more issues to your breast .

People think oh yay you get a B9 result now you can relax and forget about it . Easier Said than done because your still dealing with biopsy healing and stuck with questions that have no answers.

Plus there isn't many people around that go oh I have the same thing . If a few have a questions of what they had before it's like they shared about it a few years back now those people are not around online posting since they didn't get answers either .



Log in to post a reply

Aug 11, 2018 03:09PM ne0n wrote:

I'm sad I don't have better solutions, but... I share that sentiment! I've been feeling my breasts today and thinking 'hmm, lumps, are some of them just my breast healing?' I'm planning on following up in 6 months, but the only thing I can really do is monitor it and wait. :/ Hopefully nothing changes in a bad way and we get benign results forever and ever. I wonder if there is anything that can be done to ease fibrocystic breasts/fibroadenoma pain...

Log in to post a reply

Aug 25, 2018 09:49AM - edited Aug 25, 2018 09:52AM by 3Cubs

Finally i find a thread i can relate to that people are actually still posting on! I had a sterotacric biopsy 4 1/2 weeks ago and am in more discomfort now than ever. It is nerve wracking! Add my family history and ATM genetic mutation, and even the benign results are not reassuring because I have no explanation for my years of pain, itching, change in breast size and shape, or the assymmetry they found on mammogram. Given my genetic risk, I am on a schedule of MRIs alternating with mammograms so that I have some imaging every 6 months, although nothing ever showed the lumps in my breast until I had a CT due to car accident, then because of chest pain and risk of blood clots. It showed enlarged lymph nodes on the same side as my breast issues. So my BS scheduled the mammo that showed the asymmetry. Was told maybe it was residual bruising from the car accident, follow up in 6 months. I wasn't comfortable waiting that long, so they decided to do another one after 2 months. It was unchanged and said the bruising should have resolved by then if it was fron the car accident in February. And it was upgraded from bi-rads 3 to bi-rads 4, so they did stereotactic biopsy taking 6 samples 4 weeks ago...all benign! I followed directions and felt better after a few days but lately I am experiencing considerable pain in my breast and a lot of aching in the axilla. I had thought maybe I had an infection brewing 3 weeks ago from it as I was extremely run down but no fever, heat, redness or swelling. Just pain. Incredibly tender, insanely itchy at times, and horribly achy in my armpit. Lumpier breast, too.

Log in to post a reply

Aug 25, 2018 07:01PM Psychfan wrote:

Sorry to hear of your accident .For sure it's so conflicting to understand like go when I had pain beforehand and it's nothing or its just part of the fibrocystic stuff you like just going how in the world am I going to stop being sore off and on which for some people they say they healing may take up to at least 3 to 6 months after the biopsy was done.. Then sometimes your mind goes and plays with you going did they use a sterile clean needle for the biopsy going after the biopsy did they transfer someone else cancer cells into me or did they injure something else in there . Also, many times the pain could actually be caused by the little titanium markers that are used to mark the biopsy spot if the pain is severe or even last more than 6 months .

Many people may not understand how in the world could a titanium marker could cause a problem especially when its so small sadly #1 it can actually create a infection caused cellulitis I should know as because I had jaw plates with jaw screws made of titanium when I had a jaw surgery many years ago well after many years later my face would be swelling up , be so painful and I would have the face of the stay pufft marshmallow guy from ghost busters as that's how swollen my face ended up being. I was put on antibiotics but kept on having recurring issues with it so then my doctor said I will send you to your oral surgeon because maybe it's those jaw plates/screws causing problems so I got those out on my right side then later on my left side decided to do the same thing so had to get those out and I never ended up with any more swelling again on either of my jaw and I known for some people that those markers have been able to migrate like in a area where it's not supposed to be could be hitting a nerve area or a muscle area .

So I requested them to not put any biopsy marker in me as I didn't want to deal with issues like I did with my jaw and they said they didn't put any markers in me so I hope they followed thru with my wishes .

Log in to post a reply

Aug 26, 2018 11:12AM ne0n wrote:

I tried to type a response to this, but I guess it got deleted.

I think I'm fighting a secondary infection from my biopsy. I'm about a month out and I've started to get swelling, fever, pain and heat in the area. I don't know what to do. I'm going to call my gyne tomorrow and probably go seek out someone who can prescribe antibiotics... it sucks, I want to just feel happy with a benign biopsy result and try to move on a bit, but this process doesn't seem to be done with me. I can't even move my arm normally without feeling pain. :( I wonder how normal these kinds of responses are? I had no indication that it would be this bad, it makes me wonder if all biopsies will be this painful and difficult in the future.

Log in to post a reply

Aug 26, 2018 01:11PM Psychfan wrote:

It sounds like you have mastitis . It's usually pretty common to happen to nursing/breastfeeding moms but can also happen to women who are not breastfeeding and even men. Need a 10 day course Antibiotic with it.

I have theories of how some people may be more prone to infection after biopsy like depends on what part of the location is where they took the sample , how many samples they took out , how deep they had to go with the sample , where the biopsy markers are and how many are in there from the sample and how much did you bleed afterwards and like as I said even for some people can't believe that the markers could be the cause of infections especially with women getting infections to seem like it goes away after treatment but then returns again more than three times then it's more likely the biopsy markers.

That is just my opinion due to me having infections that would coming back one after the other in my jaw from the plates and screws that are made up of the same material that the markers used to place in you for you to track your biopsy to know they already did that area for that biopsy one. After the plates and the screws were removed from my jaw no more infections in my jaw .

They never share what kind of biopsy markers are going to be placed just when you look into it biopsy all you see is Markers placed in you after the biopsy so they can track where the biopsy was done and if you want to know what kind of biopsy markers are used you need to put in search for biopsy markers used as I was lucky I found out they were that kind because to remove them it requires more of a surgical biopsy to get them out .

As, with me I have the burning sensation off and on in my left side nearly feels like I have heartburn happen but then sometimes it radiates to my back which I also have twinges that come and go which I figure are probably from the nerves that are affected after the biopsy that make it affect the other nerves around it as in create muscle tension in shoulders and the upper back.

Also, there is non metal markers out there that can be use for breast biopsy to track the spot of where the biopsy is I just now put in the google search engine of natural biopsy markers that comes up with many natural non metal markers names. It also seems by me reading the non metal markers that they have better chance of staying put after the biopsy than moving like those metal ones


Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of mastitis can appear suddenly. They may include:

  • Breast tenderness or warmth to the touch
  • Breast swelling
  • Thickening of breast tissue, or a breast lump
  • Pain or a burning sensation continuously or while breast-feeding
  • Skin redness, often in a wedge-shaped pattern
  • Generally feeling ill
  • Fever of 101 F (38.3 C) or greater
Log in to post a reply

Aug 26, 2018 02:01PM ne0n wrote:

Interesting, I went to get a lymph massage a couple days ago and was told that it felt like mastitis. I think you're probably right.

I wasn't informed of getting any markers put in place. I wonder if some people just don't, I'm not sure? I'm mildly concerned about my asking my radiologist anything. Maybe I'm being terribly rude but part of me just wonders about how much he could really empathize seeing as he doesn't have breasts. -_-

Thank you for your thoughtful response! I'll be seeking out a doctor's appointment asap and hopefully antibiotics will clear it up.

Log in to post a reply

Aug 26, 2018 03:20PM - edited Aug 26, 2018 03:50PM by Psychfan

Many times people may not be aware of markers ending up being placed in the breast site after biopsy which until after the doctor gives a paper saying share with your radiologist that you have markers in place as the one nurse was ready to share with me about the markers on the paper but then the doctor goes she doesn't need that paper because I didn't get any markers even tho the paper is on my online medical record which makes me question at times if they ignored my wishes hopefully not but I shall find out when it comes time for my next mammogram and if they ignored my wishes I can have every right to sue them because I told that to my mom and to my other help and to my case manager . So , I even wrote to my internal medicine doctors online requesting I didn't want those markers in me .

So if you have a online medical record they should have some information listed if you had some markers placed and even many doctors even after much infections or even when people suffer from a metal marker migrating they have trouble believing that markers could be that of the cause after all it took me at least about 1 yr after having infections in my jaw that would come back my internal medicine doctor goes hmm I don't know what's causing your problem maybe it might be a screw loose in your jaw plate and referred me to see my oral surgeon which then goes ok we will remove them and then after that one side was better then the other side ended up getting issues which they go okay your having the same issues as this other side so we will get them out.

Even with me having thyroid issues as some thyroid medicines can also contain a metal type ingredient which when I had this one thyroid medicine it was making me have terrible jaw pain, terrible ear pain, I had non stop running noses my cheeks were full , my ears were plugged so I go can have my rectangle thyroid pill instead because i'm thinking the circle pill caused me issues and when one pharmacist tried to give me a circle pill with going with raised eye brows like going that can't be possible and that is the only one available and I go i believe it's possible that it's causing me serious issues with my circle thyroid pill so i go i will pay for any other medicine for my thyroid just not have me use the circle one they go ok and made me my regular ones.

Log in to post a reply

Aug 28, 2018 05:04AM ne0n wrote:

Hm, I saw nothing in my report to indicate markers, but as I said, I'll ask when I have a follow up.

I've started my antibiotics course now. Crossing my fingers that it clears up... my one breast is visibly more swollen than the other at this point and still feels heavy and painful. My biopsy site SEEMED to be getting better before it swelled, I don't know if that should make me worried. I'm trying not to be paranoid at this point, it's just very distracting and upsetting. It's just so scary! I'm hoping in a few days I can post about how antibiotics cleared it right up. :) In the meantime, thank you for your detailed response!

Log in to post a reply

Aug 30, 2018 11:28AM Psychfan wrote:

Ne0n -

Glad your on antibiotics hope it heals you up fast did they give you the 10 day course antibiotics or is the 7 day course antibiotics ? What kind ? It's so scary when certain spots appear new even areas near my breast it seems like i have lumpier chest muscle tissues like above the breast near the upper shoulder that is more closer to the spot where I had the lidocaine shot but still its a bit weird there tho and half of me is like did they hit a muscle ?

It would be nice to start feeling more normal these days .

Log in to post a reply

Sep 1, 2018 05:01AM - edited Sep 3, 2018 06:47AM by ne0n

I just finished a 5 day course of augmentin. The swelling and heat have gone down, but I woke up crying from pain today. My PMS has started, so both breasts hurt, but the right is still lumpy, puffy in the armpit, feeling heavier than the other. The obgyn examined me and told me to put a cold cabbage leaf in my bra for inflammation (I dont wear a bra). Said it wasnt an abcess... then again, she couldnt feel my solid lump/s, so I don't know who to trust. Nobody I've seen so far (an obgyn, a GP and a myofascial therapist) can tell me what's going on. I feel like I did everything I was supposed to and got this mysterious reaction that nobody can help me with. Painkillers with codeine in them haven't helped. I'm feeling more afraid, alone and broken than I was before. I wish none of this had happened, I feel like this is a dark precursor to actual cancer and I hope it's not but I'm afraid... I just wish the pain would go away so I could have a moment or two of peace. My attempts at positivity have been hard, but today I just feel broken. Until then, I'll just cry. I know it could be so much worse, but I wish there were more answers. I hope your treatment is going better. :(

Log in to post a reply

Sep 3, 2018 06:49AM ne0n wrote:

It's FINALLY going a little better! A weekend of rest seemed to help. I'm hoping after my period the swelling will totally go away.
The whole thing with fibroadenomas is still strange to me. I'm trying not to stress, but I DEFINITELY have one that I can feel that wasn't put in my ultrasound report (they noted cysts, but this feels very much like another fibroadenoma). I've looked up articles on how to 'shrink' them but I'm not sure how much I believe it. I'm still willing to try though... having lumpy breasts is rather frustrating, I suppose.

Log in to post a reply

Sep 3, 2018 12:06PM Psychfan wrote:

Ne0n-

Glad things are going a little better with you hopefully after period is gone you will feel better. To me 5 day course is a bit too short it should be a 10 day course of antibiotic .

Did the doctor ever share with you what type of Fibroadenoma you have ? As I have read there are 3 different types like simple , complex or the giant /juvenile one those ones are usually found in teenage girls.

What I have read that they keep an eye on the Fibroadenoma to make sure it doesn't grow if it does grow they remove it with surgery .

I don't like to wear bras either so I only wear them out in public or when my son has friends over but usually at home don't wear them or if its in winter time I don't wear them just wear my coat over my shirt.

Doctors usually recommend the cold cabbage leaf for to reduce swelling from infection or for mothers who want to dry up milk after giving birth. You could always just get a leaf of the cabbage green is the right kind. Lay down then put the leaf over your breast like a breast cover up .

Log in to post a reply

Sep 4, 2018 03:30AM - edited Sep 4, 2018 03:41AM by innerphreak1

I found a lump and went to doc, I then went and got a mammo and sono cause I have thick skin. anyway a couple weeks later I am told I need a biopsy so they do that and I am told its not cancer to go to a specialist. so I do and the specialist says I should do some antibiotics, it was only for 5 days and didnt make the lump go away.

but it did go away evetually or I thought it did. 6 months later I got another lump right next to the orig lump, so I went for another mammo and sono. the doc who read the film said it was the same thing as the orig lump and I should see the specialist. I asked why if its the same thing and you are saying it isn't cancer then what is he (the specialist) going to do? he just said, well its not normal that you are getting these (lumps). so I called the specialist I was given a number for (cause the orig one no longer took my insurance) I was told she doesn't see people with infections. I said I wasn't told it was an infection in fact I wasn't told what it was at all. 

anyway... the second lump was red and hard, & itchy. then the skin started to peel like a sunburn, then it finally opened up and a watery bloody fluid came out. Everytime id bump into something or hit the lump which was hard it hurt but more fluid would come out. now after a few days the lump seems to be gone.  Its not so red and now although its still an open sore it doesn't hurt anymore. anyway I am going to my regular doc tomorrow and im going to call the one who told me to see the specialist and ask him again what this is. maybe he will have a better answer this time other than.. go see the specialist, cause im a bit scared. Even tho I was told it wasn't cancer, after reading this board im worried.       

Log in to post a reply

Sep 4, 2018 07:09AM Psychfan wrote:

Innerphreak- Since they never told you what your first lump was from the biopsy do you have access to your online medical records from the radiologist /pathologist if not request them to be sent to you in the mail or have your doctor bring that pathology report out to you when you see them .

The 2nd lump sounds like a breast abscess or a infected cyst since your lucky it got popped to end up draining on its own but both do require a 10 day course of antibiotics because it's a breast infection which can happen after a breast biopsy .

Log in to post a reply

Sep 6, 2018 09:39AM ne0n wrote:

Some more updating, 'cause why not.

My period arrived. The swelling in my breast has gone down a bit, but I've still got issues with the fibrocystic tissue around there. It's still kind of hard, and I STILL feel what I'm guessing is a fibroadenoma in an area where they didn't write it in the report. I can't exactly tell whether it's gotten bigger or not because the tissue around it is still just a bit agitated, and it doesn't move as much as the other one (which is fairly mobile). I don't think my fibroadenoma was complex, I believe my report said it was simple. I'll check again though. The thing is, I'm still feeling pain, and I'm still SO confused as to why I can feel a hard, obvious lump somewhere that wasn't noted. Could it be a cyst? I'm definitely going to ask whenever I get a follow up ultrasound in a few months, unless it grows, in which case I'll go sooner.

I've started using castor oil at night, I'm gonna keep doing that because I don't think it can hurt. I don't know. I keep trying to think positive, and telling myself that these lumps will shrink and go away on their own... I've definitely been stressed lately though, this is just something that keeps weighing on my mind. :/

Log in to post a reply

Sep 7, 2018 10:41AM Psychfan wrote:

Neon- I know how you feel as before I couldn't even really feel any big lumps in my breast before my biopsy except small one right at top of breast bone now even after like 6 weeks since the biopsy been done it feels like there this big huge lump in the middle of my left breast and a huge spread lump right above my breast bone that seems to spread to the sternum side . There also seems to be lumpiness right next to the side of the middle of my breast along my sternum side. Ovulation and PMS really makes my left side feel heart burn twinges. Along with some itches there.

It seems like a possible cause of Fibroadenoma is due to being sensitive to estrogen levels so when menopause hits it's possible for them to shrink. Complex ones seem to be ones with the chance of increasing in size but can get removed by the vacuum assisted biopsy .



Log in to post a reply

Sep 13, 2018 08:18AM ne0n wrote:

Crossing fingers that we both get shrinking lumps... :)

I'm still recovering from my biopsy! It seems like SUCH a long time. I have a massage therapist that thinks I still have some trapped lymph fluid. I've been using castor oil and essential oils daily and trying not to touch it too much... hopefully I'll see some improvement. I'm trying to meditate, keep healthy, not eat sugar or drink coffee. I don't really have any answers, except my gynae says I don't have to worry about cancer because of the negative biopsy. Doing my best. At SOME POINT when it clears up, I'll report back. Crossing fingers.

Log in to post a reply

Sep 17, 2018 07:42PM Psychfan wrote:

Recovery from the biopsy supposedly can take people at least 6 months to recover it's so annoying indeed . I can not believe that it is almost the start of fall season. I'm not ready as that means it is closer to the bad wintery weather we will have but counting down to in about 4 weeks from Thurs will be our first 4 day school vacation as in 2 school days off along with the weekend .

Log in to post a reply

Sep 18, 2018 04:51AM ne0n wrote:

Jeeeeeeze what a pain. I don't think my condition is getting worse, per say, but I'm still lumpy and it hasn't cleared up (6 weeks in though, I'm hoping it goes faster than 6 months, yikes). My gyn examined it a couple weeks ago and said she didn't feel anything that seemed like an abscess, and my physical therapist has been helping by doing lymph drainage and suggesting castor oil (I've been applying it daily). If it doesn't get better by next week I may go back and request another round of antibiotics from my gyn. I want to trust their judgment, because it seems like all the factors added up (benign biopsy, THREE different professionals examining my breast, a whole round of antibiotics with some relief) would point to me just healing up, but damnit I'm tired of feeling achey and bumpy, too... and if it is an abscess or something that needs invasive procedures to clear up, I'm going to feel so screwed over. So, crossing fingers that it's just healing slowly.

A side note, I will not allow the radiologist who did my biopsy to touch me again. I realize it might not be his fault, but his bedside manner was awful, and he had to go in with a needle several times. It just felt like I was just a big piece of meat, and there's no other way I can convey my discontentment to him... it's been expensive for me, and I can never even expect that he'll get feedback or care about this. :( This only happened AFTER getting a biopsy... something that was meant to bring me relief and peace of mind, and has turned into a tiring several month ordeal. Fingers crossed. I keep trying to whisper positive mantras to myself, that I'm healing up every day... I hope you're healing up too. <3

Log in to post a reply

Sep 18, 2018 12:58PM Psychfan wrote:

Any chance you could request a follow up ultrasound to see if there is any fluid build up that needs to be drained ? That's terrible you had a bad radiologist do your biopsy it sounds like he didn't really know what he was doing . The one who did my biopsy was an actual dr so I was lucky on that part as I hate needles that I wore a mask to cover my eyes up so I didn't see any needles to make me feel like I was in the next Halloween Horror movie with Michael Myers.

Log in to post a reply

Sep 20, 2018 10:03AM ne0n wrote:

I spoke to the radiologist on the phone about a day ago... who told me he basically couldn't do anything and that if the other doctors were happy, he was fine with that. I'M not happy though. I'm getting burning pain in my armpit again, maybe because of my menstrual cycle. My breast isn't as swollen but the pain is upsetting. I don't know how long to wait until I go back to the gynecologist... AGAIN. More time, more money, and I think if they tell me they can't do anything one more time I'll just break down emotionally. Part of me wonders if waiting a little longer would help because it would possibly clear up more, but then, I just wish I wasn't in pain while I was waiting... I just want answers even if I can't have solutions, I've shed so many tears over this already and it doesn't seem to be clearing up fast enough. I'm still planning on having a 5-6 month follow up, so I guess if nothing else I'm a month and a half down with a few more to go (though if I still feel this way in another month I'm not gonna wait).

Log in to post a reply

Sep 24, 2018 04:18PM Psychfan wrote:

Neon - I get the same burning pain in my armpit off and on too sometimes it more around during my mid cycle or on my period ! It's frustrating when you have pain there that you want to go away I have heard that sometimes the burning pain feeling is a result of nerves trying to unshock themselves after being injured and with you really having the radiologist who did your biopsy it seems like maybe that's more or the reason you have tons of pain because it seems like he did a lot with you that was very rough. Did you severely bleed after your biopsy ?

Log in to post a reply

Sep 30, 2018 12:48PM ne0n wrote:

Hi Psychfan. I'm sorry for my late follow up- I'm still dealing with this, it's such a pain (literally and otherwise, haha). I did have some bleeding after my biopsy, but I wouldn't categorize it as severe. I had some pretty intense bruising for a few weeks after, though. It's cleared up now, but I still have a couple tiny healed over holes where the needle went in (I've affectionately named them my vampire bite in an attempt to feel a little humor about this).

This week I saw a second ob-gyn after the second course of antibiotics didn't change my condition. She felt my lumpy, super sore, PMS-swollen breasts (particularly the aching right one) and was sympathetic, mentioned that she had a family history too and understood my concern, but that she didn't suspect breast cancer (I know the biopsy should have fully convinced me of this, but the verbal reassurance was nice to hear anyway). I seem to have developed even more lumps/lumpiness in this time (including one painful one in/around the intrammamary fold, though it's hard to tell what it might be because my breast is so swollen and I'm just trying not to panic and hope it subsides with my period). She did tell me to take evening primrose oil for a few days, and immediately booked me an appointment for this coming week with a breast specialist. Although I'm still in pain and the primrose seems to have caused my menstrual cycle to move forward by a couple days, her reassurance was helpful, and being forwarded to a breast specialist feels like the next step, because I haven't fully healed yet and I want to find some kind of answers, or at least a sense of relief (but really, I'm aiming for fully healed!) I'm kind of fatigued by how expensive and painful this has all been, but the silver lining is feeling like I have a network of doctors assisting me at this point, so I'm trying to remain positive and reduce my stress.

I've been doing some iodine supplementation with kelp pills, lymph drainage, and using castor oil mixed with essential oils... it's not really helping yet in any way that I can see, but I don't think my symptoms are getting worse, either. Hopefully these things will help speed my healing process. I've been told iodine is great for fibrocystic breast conditions, so I'm going to give it a shot. I haven't had coffee in almost 2 full months and haven't had a drink in over a month (and it was one glass of wine, in the last two months I've had VERY little alcohol overall) and I've been trying to eat healthy. It's all pretty frustrating, but I feel like trying to stabilize my health in other ways is maybe the only thing I can really do at the moment. This has been a much longer and scarier process than I was advised it would be. I'm still hoping it clears up soon.

How have you been this week? I hope you've been managing and feeling well.

Log in to post a reply

Oct 8, 2018 07:32AM Sharrazan wrote:

My first post here - what great people you all are.

I am extremely worried as for the past 18 months I have had a red nipple - was not too worried in the past as I thought it was the result of a family dog scratch ! Now however over the last week I have had bleeding from what appears to be "slight pin prick holes" three I think, around my nipple. It does not last long - and is not much at all, but I am now seriously scared beyond words ! All I can think of is that I have let 18 months go by and if cancer it could be anywhere by now !

Cant concentrate on anything and seriously lacking in sleep !!

Trying so hard to pluck up courage to make the appointment :( :(


Log in to post a reply

Oct 9, 2018 11:37AM Psychfan wrote:

Neon - I do wonder if it's possibly that during the biopsy that you developed fat necrosis which is what I have that state fat necrosis usually forms due to injury to the breast some disappear and some are just there but can be part of a cause of pain. Did you ever figure out what one it is like simple, complex or a phyllodes ? When is your next mammogram ?

Sharrzan- Mostly bleeding from that area could be related to dryness, allergy to a detergent or friction to clothes you wear. I would talk to your doctor about this symptom and in the mean time use some coconut oil on that area not the spray kind but the one you see in the jar.

Page 1 of 1 (29 results)