We are 219,612 members in 81 forums discussing 155,381 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Anyone misdiagnosed with fibroadenoma?

Forum: Benign Breast Conditions —

A safe place to worry for members who have not been diagnosed with breast cancer, but have concerns about their breasts.

Posted on: May 11, 2019 05:26PM

Christinadukie wrote:

I have one that is going to be followed up in six months with ultrasound. I am very afraid it's something else. The breast surgeon and the radiologist think no biopsy is necessary at this time.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

May 11, 2019 05:58PM MelissaDallas wrote:

I’d trust the response you got on the Interpreting Your Report thread.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

May 11, 2019 07:27PM Christinadukie wrote:

thank you Melissa. Sorry for thr repeated posts. Just extremely fightened

May 13, 2019 06:36PM - edited May 13, 2019 06:43PM by LaurenN

This Post was deleted by LaurenN.

May 13, 2019 11:48PM ddfair wrote:

Christina

I understand your fears. I was misdiagnosed with a fibroadenoma. No less than 8 doctors agreed that it was most certainly a fibroadenoma. Guess what? All 8 of them were wrong! This was at a large teaching hospital. Nothing showed as a problem on mammogram or ultrasound. The doctors wanted to wait and watch. I insisted on a lumpectomy. Boy was the surgeon shocked when it turned out to be a malignant phyloides tumour with DCIS and LCIS all within the same lump. Nearly everyone with a phyloides tumour is initially diagnosed with a fibroadenoma. So as someone who has actually been there, I would highly recommend you at least get a needle biopsy. I wouldn't wait 6 months. Fibroadenomas and phyloides grow very large and very fast! Sorry to disagree with Melissa, but I would not trust the reponse you got on the other thread.

May 14, 2019 12:38PM - edited May 20, 2019 11:25PM by Rshep9101

I was told it was a fibroadenoma, we watched it and measured it for a few years. It began growing rapidly, when it was removed it was a Hamartoma.

Rebekah -whatididwhilewaiting.blogspot.... Microcalcifications,ALH, Lump, Strong Family History. Excison on 11/30. 10/2012 2 Fibroadenomas. Core needle Biopsy. Surgery Excisional Wire-guided biopsy 11/15/2018 Dx 11/1/2010 Surgery 11/15/2018 Lumpectomy Dx Surgery

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)