We are 224,870 members in 82 forums discussing 157,980 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Bi rads 3 6 month f/u coming

Forum: Benign Breast Conditions —

A safe place to worry for members who have not been diagnosed with breast cancer, but have concerns about their breasts.

Posted on: Nov 17, 2019 03:55AM

MommaBear2 wrote:

6 months ago I had my first mammogram. I am 32 and went in because I was having breast pain and extreme anxiety over it. My husband finished chemo in March so the anxiety from his diagnosis took a toll on me. Any way, my findings on left were normal but right showed asymmetry. They did a 3d mammogram, spot compression amd ultrasound. Mammogram showed 1cm nodular spot in 2 views but not in others and ultrasound showed Nothing. Thank god. Here I am coming up on my 6 month appointment terrified. Nervous it will change, nervous it will show something. I hate it.

How long do you usually follow up for nothing? Anyone else have this with no mass?

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Nov 17, 2019 10:29AM Beesie wrote:

I've had a 6 month follow-up for a BIRADs3 complicated cyst. I had a 6 month follow-up, which was stable, then my annual mammo 6 months later, still stable, then another 6 month follow-up at which time it was seen that the cyst had shrunk, so my next annual mammo 6 months later was just a normal screening mammo.

Good luck!
“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Nov 26, 2019 06:28AM Buddyrock wrote:

I have my annual mammo tomorrow, 6 month follow up was in May. I'm hoping everything is stable and I can return to annual screenings soon.

Anxiety is setting in. I'm proud of myself to making it to "the day before"-I've struggled with my previous appointments.

Good luck to you!

Nov 27, 2019 07:37AM Buddyrock wrote:

Just back from my annual mammogram (History: Birads 3 Nov 2018, May 2019-6 month u/s stable, today 11/2019 annual 3D mam)

Happy to report I got the all clear-Dr. didn't even want right breast u/s. Everything is stable and benign. I am back to a regular annual screening schedule.

Good luck!

Nov 27, 2019 10:49AM Beesie wrote:

Yay! Great news!

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Nov 27, 2019 11:44AM MommaBear2 wrote:

thank you foe all the replies. I had the 3d mammogram done and it was stable. No changes. I go back in 6 months again for a follow up which I think I do for 2 years. Woo woo

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)