Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Complex Sclerosing Lesions / Radial Scar....again

Options
LirpaP
LirpaP Member Posts: 2
edited April 2021 in Benign Breast Conditions

Has anyone had multiple Radial Scars? Is there such a thing as possibly being prone to them?

In 2019, I had an abnormal mammogram which showed an architectural distortion on my left breast. I got a stereotactic biospy which showed it was benign but I still had to have an excisional biopsy. Pathology came back Radial Scar with FEA.

Now 2 years later, another architectural distortion with no ultrasound correlation on my other breast. It's groundhog day for me because I get to go through the same exact procedures.

I'm thankful that the news isn't worse but it's still exhausting. I'm only 44 and have anxiety that I'm going to have surgery every 2 years everytime they find something on a mammogram because of my sense breasts.

Has anyone else gone through this multiple times?

Any advice would be wonderful! X

~ April

Comments

• ltrinidad
    ltrinidad Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi LirpaP, I got my biopsy results two days ago, radial scar plus atypical lobular hyperplasia. I am assuming they will excise them (1cm). Will post results and let you know if it comes back..

• LirpaP
    LirpaP Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021
    Options

How did your biospy go?

I had my stereotactic biospy and it came back benign that would normally not need anymore treatment. The radiologist says the results are discordant with what he sees and wants an excisional biospy because he believes it's probably a radial scar.

Now both my breasts with have matching scars. I guess the best I can hope for is another radial scar.

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    edited April 2021
    Options

Sorry you're going through this Lirpa! I hear your frustration..... Best with the excisional biopsy - hope it comes back benign/radial scar... also hope this is the last time you have to go through this.....!