Join Us

We are 224,259 members in 83 forums discussing 163,468 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: History of ADH 2017

Forum: Benign Breast Conditions —

A safe place to discuss benign (non-cancerous) breast conditions. Benign breast conditions are unusual growths or other changes in the breast tissue that are not cancer, though some may be associated with an increase in breast cancer risk. Benign breast conditions are quite common.

Posted on: Apr 10, 2021 09:27PM

Tcfse wrote:

I had a cluster of microcalcifications on my very first mammogram in 2017. I had a stereotactic biopsy which resulted in ADH (atypical ductal hyperplasia) followed by excisional biopsy with clear margins. At my 6 month follow up, I had a new cluster of calcs in the same area on mammogram and another stereotactic biopsy which showed ADH again. The radiologist performing the biopsy felt she got all of the calcs. My surgeon recommended not undergoing another excisional biopsy. I reluctantly agreed. However, we began high risk screening. So yearly mammogram and yearly breast MRI which results in imaging every 6 months. Lately, at my scar line (inside of my breast) I am having frequent burning/itching). I could understand if this were closer to the original biopsies/surgery but I am 4ish years out. Has anyone else experienced this? I dion’tsee anything abnormal appearing on my skin.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Apr 11, 2021 03:26PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Tcfse, Hopefully others will chime in here, but it may be something that you mention to your surgeon, or the nurse, just to hear a professional medical opinion. Keep us posted Medicating

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Apr 11, 2021 06:50PM LivinLife wrote:

Nerves can get nicked during surgical procedures and cause some burning, itching, etc. as they heal... As you said 4 years is a long time if you weren't experiencing something like that along the way. I'd put in a call to your surgeon..... Please check back in on how that goes....

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Apr 13, 2021 05:57PM Tcfse wrote:

Thank you. I will mention it to him.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)