Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

8 years after first DX diagnosed with ALH

Lorial1962
Lorial1962 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2021 in Benign Breast Conditions

Well I didn’t expect to be back on here, I am a 8 year survivor. I got called back on my annual mammo this year and that pit has been in my stomach since. This time it’s the left breast. The memories come rushing back remembering that unknowns of the first few weeks are paralyzing emotionally.

After the second mammo I was sent for an ultrasound and then a biopsy a week later. The diagnosis came back negative for cancer but positive for ALH. I haven’t seen the breast surgeon yet. I had reconstruction in 2014 to equal out the size and correct the damage from the radiation catheter and biopsy. Unfortunately I also have the Allergan recalled implants which my doctor told me “to not worry about unless I have symptoms”.

Now that I feel like I’m a ticking time bomb. Does anyone know what the standard treatment would be here? I’ve heard removal of the precancerous lesions an then estrogen blocker, again. I also had a doctor (gyno) suggest it’s time to get rid of the girls and get reconstruction.

My head is spinning and waiting to see the breast surgeon/oncologist seems like an eternity.

Thank you,

Lor