Join Us

We are 222,315 members in 83 forums discussing 162,452 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: FREEBIES

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer —

A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Jan 21, 2009 06:27AM

goldie0827 wrote:

I thought it would be nice to have a place here that just shows where we can get free things. Especially with the way the economy is now. So if you know of anything, how about sharing. Whether it is free products, services or what ever.

FREE THINGS ONLY

God Bless Us All

Lori

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 2 (42 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (42 total)

Jan 21, 2009 06:33AM goldie0827 wrote:

Here are a couple that I have found in my chats, posted by other members.

FREE HOUSE CLEANING, now how can you beat that? They offer 4 cleanings, one a month for 4 months. On the "Maid Services" tab is a list of states and cities in that state that they offer services. http://cleaningforareason.org/cancerpatients.html

FREE LYMPHEDEMA ARM BANDS   http://www.lymphedema.com/

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jan 21, 2009 01:57PM goldie0827 wrote:

bump

Jan 21, 2009 03:46PM hollyann wrote:

FREE HATS!...www.heavenlyhats.com

Hugs and Love....Lucy Dx 1-15-07 IDC stage 1b grade 1, 1.6 cm.....Also DCIS grade 3, both in left breast Dx 1/15/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 21, 2009 04:09PM wishiwere wrote:

When I signed up for the aromasin newsletter b/c my onco was going to switch me, they sent me a packet with a beautiful scarf.  Never did switch, but for anyone looking for a scarf and is going to be on aromasin, check out their site :)

wishiwere~ Path read stage 1C- 1st Primary was IDC w/DCIS 1.4 cm, ER/PR+ & HER2- Dx 9/21/2007, ILC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 15, 2009 01:05PM - edited Apr 14, 2009 08:03AM by Nadine54

This Post was deleted by Nadine54.
Life is a coin...You can spend it anyway you wish...but you can only spend it once ! Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance! Dx 2/24/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 8, 2009 09:56PM CaliforniaCloud wrote:

CURE Cancer Updates, Research & Education magazine

This wonderful magazine is free to all cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in the US.

Each new subscription will also receive CURE's 2009 Cancer Resource Guide.

You can subscribe online www.curetoday.com/subscribe or call 800-210-CURE (2873)

I just picked up a copy at my oncologist's office.  It is a beautifully written and informative magazine.

Publisher's note:  Our guarantee to readers: All the stories you read in CURE are reported and edited without the influence of advertisers or sponsors.

Cheers!

Cloud

"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

Apr 10, 2009 04:41PM purplemb wrote:

I have some hats, scarves, mastectomy supplies for those with no insurance.. PM me

www.pinkstock.webuda.com A website to find help

May 27, 2009 07:52PM lmt041409 wrote:

Laurie Erickson, offers a free headwrap through their good wishes program at www.franceluxe.com

I just asked for one today.

Dx 4/14/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Nov 21, 2009 10:41PM SharaD wrote:

bump!

Shara D Dx 8/8/2009, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Nov 22, 2009 01:15AM CoolBreeze wrote:

The American Cancer Society offers a "Look good, feel better" class for cancer patients.  They will teach you how to put on makeup when you have hair loss and also give you make-up. 

The ACS also will give you a wig voucher.  You can get a free wig at select places or $75.00 off your wig purchase.

Ann's cancer blog: www.butdoctorihatepink.com .....multicentric/multifocal IDC/ILC+DCIS/LCIS/ADH Official dx? "Your breast was a mess." ~UniMastectomy/Chemo/Herceptin/Tamoxifen/Recon Almost Done! Oh wait. mets to liver 5/21/11 Now Stage IV Dx 8/17/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Nov 25, 2009 04:18PM cookiegal wrote:

Ok so I met a lady at the hospital yesterday who says she goes to stores and asks for the breast cancer discount.!!!!!!

And it works! A lot!!!!!!!

I think that might take more chutzpa than I have, I bought a purse today and there is no way I could have done it!

You deserve a cookie!

Nov 26, 2009 09:30AM SharaD wrote:

Has anyone used FreeDrugCard.us ? Looks like it is well-endorsed, you print out a discount card to use on prescriptions. Might be a big help to someone without insurance. I like that you can go to this site to compare prices on drugs from Walgreens and CVS. Sometimes CVS is a few bucks cheaper, on other drugs Walgreens comes out cheaper.

Shara D Dx 8/8/2009, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jan 1, 2010 05:30PM pastapesto wrote:

Has anyone used "Cleaning for a Reason?"  Sounds too good to be true!

www.cleaningforareason.org

And I love the idea of going into stores and asking for the "Breast Cancer Discount"!!  LOL!

Thanks, Kit

Age 58, with 2 daughters and a wonderful partner. Received my recurrence diagnosis 11/27/09 after 10 years cancer-free. BMX with Lat on 12/15, with TE. Dx 11/27/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 2, 2010 08:38AM thepinkbirdie wrote:

I've set up a Yahoo group for those affected by cancer to be able to connect with others who are looking to exchange, give, sell, request cancer-related items.  The sell part is intended to be of a non-commercial nature (i.e. no businesses).   It can also be used to post info on support groups.

One of the reasons I set it up is because the only place in my area that sold wigs, prosthesis, etc. to cancer patients closed their doors about a month ago.  I also wanted a place where people could exchange or post their no-longer needed stuff like wigs, caps, breast forms, etc. for others who are needing those things.

So far, I'm the only member as I am not very good at promoting it and not sure how to go about it.

Please feel free to join and post at 

CancerConnections-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Marie 

thepinkbirdie.blogspot.com Dx 6/2/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 29, 2010 02:37PM cookiegal wrote:

many yoga studios have free classes for cancer survivors and others as part of their community service philosophy

You deserve a cookie!

Jan 31, 2010 05:52PM Raili wrote:

Re: cookiegal's post...

YES!  www.yogabear.org is a directory of free yoga for cancer survivors.

fillaheart.org/  - Fill A Heart offers free heart-shaped pillows to breast cancer survivors going through surgery.

Dx 11/2009, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 8, 2010 08:42PM charmainejensenvoisine wrote:

Hi Marie,

Would you accept a member from Ontario Canada in your Cancer Connections group?  If 'Yes' - can you maybe send me an invite to the following email address charmainejensenvoisine@gmail.com

Thank you so much.  Charmaine

Dx September 5, 2009 - 49 years old. 2 lumpectomies and sentinel node biopsy, Chemotherapy 4 treatments and 30 RADS 5 BOOSTS, Tamoxifen 5 years. Dx 9/17/2009, ILC/IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/1/2009 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 3/4/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 3/4/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Mar 8, 2010 08:47PM charmainejensenvoisine wrote:

I wonder if some of these freebies are for Canada too?

Thank you for posting this... Charmaine

Dx September 5, 2009 - 49 years old. 2 lumpectomies and sentinel node biopsy, Chemotherapy 4 treatments and 30 RADS 5 BOOSTS, Tamoxifen 5 years. Dx 9/17/2009, ILC/IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/1/2009 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 3/4/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 3/4/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Mar 11, 2010 09:31AM rzxcd wrote:

I found a wonderful service go to chemoangels.com. I signed up when I went through chemo and two angels adopted me. Every week I got a card and they would send me nice gifts. I really looked forward to looking in the mail for my surprises. I'm single living alone and this was the greatest thing. You can also sign up to become an angel and you can send someone encouragement while they go through chemo.

Surgery 7/24/2008 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy Avastin (bevacizumab) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel), Xeloda (capecitabine)

Apr 3, 2010 01:40PM Pickles wrote:

Free personal web page! www.caringbridge.org

Absolutly free they run on donations. Very easy to set up your own web site to keep people informed about your medical and emotional status while you are fighting cancer.

I have loved it. Took a lot of pressure off my husband and immediate family. We posted about my mastectomy so didn't have to call everyone!

Pickles TCHx6 H for 1 yr,Started April 14th, Left Bmx with immediate Lat Dorsi recon March 8th 2010 Dx 2/11/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jun 15, 2010 04:52PM Roberta2 wrote:

bump

Dx 11/2002, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 4/2010, DCIS, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 6/2013, IDC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Gemzar (gemcitabine), Taxol (paclitaxel)

Jun 17, 2010 03:18PM ibcmets wrote:

Carepages.com also is a website free to cancer survivors.  Easy to post info once that will update everyone.  You can also add pictures & private messages.

Terri

6/2009 stage IV diagnosis w bone mets ,Xgeva , 2015 brain mets, liver metastasis

Jun 18, 2010 06:18AM - edited Jun 18, 2010 06:18AM by NativeMainer

Lotsa Helping Hands is a free website service that allows someone to keep all their friends up to date, get messages, and even had a calendar where needs can be posted (rides, meals, visits, whatever) an people can sign up to help.  A freind of mind used it while her husband was dying and it made is a lot easier on her to keep everyone up to date, make sure the kids got picked up from school or taken to school, events, etc, and that they had rides and meals as needed.  I'm using it for my recon next week and it's a Godsend!

www.lotsahelpinghands.com

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Jun 18, 2010 06:28AM KorynH wrote:

Free wigs and mastectomy products!

Cricketts Answer For Cancer

(And I do mean FREE! They are wonderful people and helped me obtain my first wig FREE...and I loved it!) They are a non-profit organization....go to their web site and read about Crickett. Once you see her gorgeous hair you'll know why they seek to honor her memory with this service to breast cancer patients.

KorynH -age 44 at diagnosis (2008) , IDC 1.6cm , ILC 1.6cm ,Rt. mast. 10/08, 0/6 nodes,stage 2a, gr. 3, ER+/PR+, Her2NU+++, BRCA Neg.,TCH chemo 12/08 - Herceptin completed 12/09, T.E., silicone implant exchange July 2009

Aug 8, 2010 04:39PM mollyinco wrote:

cleaning for a reason is no joke. they clean your house monthly for 4 months while you undergo treatment, it is completely free to the patient, you only need to provide proof from your dr that you are indeed under treatment, the cleaners actually get paid by their employers but the employers treat YOU, absolutely no tipping is allowed, go to the website, sign up and if there is a cleaner in your area that has an opening, then you get the service, its been a huge blessing to us!

Dx 4/16/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 3/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 24, 2010 08:17AM jenny66 wrote:

i wasn't sure where to post this.  if you live in or around knoxville, they are having an event called hands on.  if anyone is in this area, you can find info at the following link to the page.  love and hugs, jenny

www.knoxvillebreastcenter.com/...

3/10 dx'd w/ grade 2, idc, 2 cm. stage IV, mets spine and pelvis, ER/ PR+, HER-2+(6+). here hoping to make true friends and cultivate HOPE.

Aug 28, 2010 07:23AM Carrol2 wrote:

BUMP

Dx 6/23/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/9/2010 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 10/5/2010 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 2/3/2011

Oct 25, 2010 09:57PM speech529 wrote:

If you want free yoga, check out Holy Yoga.  It's a Christian ministry that offers free Yoga classes.  These are some of the best yoga classes I have taken (but then I go where the founder of Holy Yoga works out).  Yes, there is a Christian theme, but it is gently mentioned; music is secular to christian.

TO find if there is a class near you:  www.holyyoga.net

Keep going. Take a rest when you need it. Then get going again. Dx 3/27/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 28, 2011 10:36PM RachelKa wrote:

Here's a pretty comprehensive list of Freebies and Discounts. I put it together and posted it on my website. Happy shopping :) 

http://www.1uponcancer.com/freebies-and-discounts-for-cancer-patients/

After  you check out these resources, I hope you'll take a few minutes to look around the rest of the site. Just launched a coupla months ago and am trying to get the word out.

Best,
Rachel

Rachel Karidis Dx 9/1/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 20, 2011 01:47PM mommyx3 wrote:

Just browsing this forum and thought I should add, that my patient navigator from the American Cancer Society got me free gas cards.  There are 4 cards in all each worth $100!!!!! They come one at a time.  I got my first one a week ago and it came at the right time as my bank account is very low and need gas to drive my children around.  Its definitely worth looking into.

Dx 10/11/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 2 (42 results)