Join Us

We are 224,949 members in 83 forums discussing 163,798 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Does Anyone Know A Place I Can Donate Used Items?

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer —

A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Mar 10, 2013 10:24PM - edited Mar 10, 2013 10:26PM by Thecontes12

Thecontes12 wrote:

I have assorted things that I just don't want to throw away. I spent a pretty penny on this stuff and would like to see someone who needs it.
Some of the things I have:

2 camisols they have drain pockets. zip up the front. XL

2-3 bras that have pockets for inserts.

2 sets of inserts that have stuffing to adjust size.

I have some larger pancho type capes 2X and might even fit 3X. They were big. I wore to work during the tissue expander time.

I have other unused assorted medical supples. Unopened guaze, tape, bathing cloths.

I was lucky. I had insurance. If I would not have had insurance, I don't know what I would have done. I would really like to see these items help someone who really needs it. If anyone knows a good place to donate that will help real people, please respond.

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

Mar 11, 2013 09:14AM mdg wrote:

There is a gal on here that takes donations and distributes them to women that don't have insurance.  I will see if I can find a link to her thread....I will post it if I do. 

Maria Visit my BC Blog at breastcancerwontdefineme.blogs... Dx 12/13/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/22/2010 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 1/26/2011 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/2/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 5/18/2011 Surgery 6/21/2011 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/9/2011 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction

May 20, 2013 03:01AM - edited May 20, 2013 03:02AM by 2nd_time_around

Great idea! I had 1st bc with umx 16 years ago, 2nd mx with bilat recon last Oct. Have a bunch of prosthetic forms and bras with pockets for them. Also, a couple swim suits with pockets for prostheses. Can't just trash them as they were expensive and someone could get use from them. ACS won't take and not sure if they would be useful for Good Will or Salvation Army. Would love to pass to someone who could get use from them. Thanks!

**AKA 2TA ** Any day I wake up, it's a good day. ~ ~ "You don't know strength until strength is the only choice you have." (Author unknown)..... Yes, this is my 2nd occurrence, not recurrence; 1st in 1996, 2nd in 2012, bilateral recon in 2012

May 20, 2013 11:40AM leggo wrote:

I know MRSROCKYTOP55, collects items and distributes them in her work as a missionary. Not sure if you have what she's looking for, though. I don't have a lot of time today, but if you search her username, her posts should come up and you'll know for sure if she can use those items. Very nice of you to find someone who needs them.

"Once more into the fray... Into the last good fight I'll ever know... Live and die on this day... Live and die on this day." - The Grey

May 20, 2013 12:21PM 2nd_time_around wrote:

Thanks Gracie, just did that! Hopefully someone can get some use from these.

**AKA 2TA ** Any day I wake up, it's a good day. ~ ~ "You don't know strength until strength is the only choice you have." (Author unknown)..... Yes, this is my 2nd occurrence, not recurrence; 1st in 1996, 2nd in 2012, bilateral recon in 2012

Jan 23, 2018 11:47AM Cassie434 wrote:

Anyone know of a place in New Mexico where my donated bras/forms will be donated locally?

Jan 23, 2018 03:31PM Moderators wrote:

Cassie434, you may want to consider bringing them back to your treatment center, or even posting them here, in this forum.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Feb 22, 2018 01:12PM Cosnek wrote:

I respect this approach very much, a great idea. I do not miss anything, I have received a lot from life, but I consider helping others to be my duty. Items may not be very valuable, but there is nothing as relative as the value of money, for one $ 10 can be worth nothing, for another it can be a daily salary.

Feb 22, 2018 01:55PM Moderators wrote:

Dear Cosnek,

Thanks for supporting this idea and welcome to the community. The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)