Join Us

We are 222,316 members in 83 forums discussing 162,453 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Free Resources for Cancer Patients

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer —

A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Jan 31, 2014 11:30PM

AZ85048 wrote:

Hi, Everyone! 

Quite by accident I ran across this website a couple of days ago, and it looks as though they have great resources for anyone to check out... how to get free mammograms, prosthetics, headgear, wigs, rides, scholarships, etc.  It's run by a breast cancer survivor and the links on the right of the main page contain a wealth of information.  I showed this site to The Moderators and they suggested I post the link to it in the Recommend Your Resources section of BCO, - so now I have.  Happy  If this site can help even one person, it's a win in my book...

http://breastcancerfreebies.com/

DCIS, LCIS, and ALH (also a DES daughter) 'Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts - it's what you do with what you have left'. ~Hubert Humphrey Dx 7/12/2013, DCIS Surgery 7/26/2013 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 8/2/2013, LCIS Surgery 8/20/2013 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 12/26/2013 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 6/23/2014 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 10/22/2014 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery 1/8/2015 Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo