We are 190,288 members in 81 forums discussing 142,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer → Topic: Chemo hypothermia gel caps

Topic: Chemo hypothermia gel caps

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer —

A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Feb 19, 2017 03:27PM - edited Feb 21, 2017 03:04AM by laurara

laurara wrote:

anyone interested in 4 hypothermia gel caps? I used them once. Unfortunately they didn't work for me.

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Feb 24, 2017 12:04PM tsoebbin wrote:

yes, please! My mother started chemo Wednesday.

I am 52 and Love Travel, My Family and Friends, and Life in General! Dx 4/4/2016, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/10/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 5/11/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/27/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Feb 26, 2017 07:32AM laurara wrote:

honestly, it may be too late to start the caps if she already started chemo. You need to use the caps while the chemo drugs are going through. Please let me know if you are still interested.

Feb 26, 2017 12:14PM tsoebbin wrote:

She's on every other week cycle. So she has 10 or 12 days I think until her next treatment. I should like her to give him a try, if there is any chance they would work.

I am 52 and Love Travel, My Family and Friends, and Life in General! Dx 4/4/2016, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 5/10/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 5/11/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/27/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Feb 26, 2017 04:21PM laurara wrote:

Because she did not wear them for the first treatment, I'm thinking that her hair will most likely fall out. If you start the caps at the next treatment, you need to do the following..... Get a cooler with dry ice. You will need to use gloves to get a new cap every half hour. Your hands will burn if you don't use gloves. Her head and ears will get extremely cold. I actually put a maxi pad on my forehead so my forehead wouldn't freeze! I used them on my first treatment, but my hair still came out, so I stopped using them.

It is up to you if you still want me to send them. They are supposed to be used from the start of chemo. I just think that because you didn't use them the first time, it probably won't help except maybe it will stop further hair loss?? Please let me know if you still want them.

Feb 26, 2017 08:55PM MinusTwo wrote:

tsoebbin - I think Laurara is correct. if you don't start out using the caps before any chemo enters your body, it will not work. I expect your mother will be loosing her hair shortly after the 2nd treatment.

I started icing my fingernails from the beginning. I didn't start on my toe nails until the second treatment. Result - I lost my two big toenails.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Feb 26, 2017 09:32PM tsoebbin wrote:

Thanks for the details, I think we should pass. I'd hate to get her hopes up.

You're very generous for offering!

Apr 29, 2017 01:07PM IrishLuck wrote:

Hi Laurara, I am interested in your gel caps if you still have them. Thanks

Dx 1/2011, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 1/2015, DCIS/IDC: Papillary, Left, <1cm, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/30/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Dx 4/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy Surgery Lumpectomy: Left Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

Jun 8, 2017 05:32PM laurara wrote:

I'm so sorry, I just saw this. Do you still want them?

Jul 15, 2017 05:43PM SimplySammi11 wrote:

@laurara, My daughter is 30 and having her port put in Tuesday. She's not started chemo yet. If you haven't already given them away I'd love to have them for her. She's super scared about losing her hair. She's having chemo first then bmx. If we can try and spare this heartache I'd love too for her.

Blessings 🙏🏼

*Note the info I provided regarding The BC is my daughter's diagnosis and not my own. I entered it so i would get notifications for posts that are related. Thank you. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. ~Galileo Dx 7/5/2017, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)