Join Us

We are 224,949 members in 83 forums discussing 163,798 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Needed: post mastectomy bra, size 38 C

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer —

A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Jul 17, 2017 01:40PM

Lmcrall wrote:

Last month I underwent a right Mastectomy with reconstruction. I loved Victoria's secret bras prior to my surgery but they are uncomfortable now after surgery. Looking for some advice or suggestions on free products. Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jul 17, 2017 02:06PM moodyblues wrote:

Lmcrall:  Hi, I am not sure how long ago your MX was, but it took me awhile to wear a bra afterwards, several weeks.  When I did change to a bra it was a sports bra, no wires as recommended by my reconstructive surgeon.  It was a very generic bra and worked well, although it did hurt a bit where it covered my drain tube holes.  Each surgeon is different and requests us to wear what they think is good for us.  The bra I bought was Hanes with regular straps, no frills and no padding.  Ask your doctor what he wants you to wear. 

Hope this helps!

Dx 2/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 3/31/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jul 17, 2017 02:21PM Lula73 wrote:

have you tried Victoria's Secret no underwire bras? They have several in their regular line that are comfy and do their job well. I was glad to finally find a regular bra that was at least 1/2 way sexy after wearing the post surgery bras. I recommend the t-shirt, easy plunge and easy push up. Easy push-up is the one I wear most. I'm a 36D by the way so I know what it's like to try and support the girls and keep it comfortable too

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/14/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/3/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/1/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/3/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 21, 2017 08:42AM Lmcrall wrote:

Thank you so much for the advice! My MX was 5 weeks ago and up until now I've just been wearing a camisole for comfort. I go back to work next week and realize I need a bra to make "my girls" look symmetrical. I found a wireless bra that doesn't cut into my side, Bali from Kohl's. So comfortable, but not sexy. I will definitely make a trip to Victoria's secret to try out the easy push-up. Thank you again!

Jul 21, 2017 08:44AM - edited Jul 21, 2017 08:45AM by Lmcrall

This Post was deleted by Lmcrall.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)