We are 197,866 members in 81 forums discussing 145,397 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer → Topic: In need of comfort compression items after DIEP flap surgery.

Topic: In need of comfort compression items after DIEP flap surgery.

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer —

A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Dec 1, 2017 11:14PM

StarlitMomMom wrote:

If you have anything a XL/1X and who needs compression but hates things that feel itchy, pokey, and that pull on skin--I would so appreciate your care finding pretty comfort things. Almost three weeks out of surgery and drains were removed a few days ago. Now on to the most uncomfortable binder and bra :( I need them, I see that, they help but they hurt so much, too. I can't yet drive and much to my daughters chagrin, can't babysit yet either -- I miss the grands too, but see the giving street has gone one way for a while, need to balance that out a bit more.

My first revision surgery is next week, debriding and skin grafting for each noob. I handled the pain well, am very glad I had DIEP, even though I do know the pain was different and it did require good pain medication for me, that helped a whole lot.I have hired a person to help with cleaning and organizing tomorrow. I appreciate your thought and care so much. It means so much to me, and I will pay forward when I am able--right now, it would feel so warm and kind to have a few things from real people who have been where I am right now, still sore, looking like I should feel fine, wanting to be fine, but being pretty scared, both happy and sad, very glad and also lonely....

Thank you,

Christine

Dx 7/15/2017, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Dec 12, 2017 09:08PM LL99LL wrote:

Hi StarlitMomMom,

I don't have any items to share; just wanted to reply and say I hope your recovery is going well. Sending hugs.

LCIS diagnosed 10/24/17

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)