Topic: Donate your old breast prosthesis?

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer — A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Mar 16, 2018 01:02AM

Posted on: Mar 16, 2018 01:02AM

iam1surgeon wrote:

I understand most of your insurance companies cover your breast prosthesis and even allow you to change it every two years? May i know if most of you are willing to donate your old breast forms (but still in mint condition)? I live in a third world country and most of the patients can't afford treatment more so buy the breast forms. I have seen patients put stacks of handkerchiefs or any material to bulk up the mastectomy defect and of course it wouldn't look nor feel natural. I just want to help them have a better sense of their image to boost up self confidence. I hope someone will help me figure out things for it to materialize.

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Sep 18, 2019 11:28PM - edited Sep 23, 2019 01:22PM by smithlme

This Post was deleted by smithlme.
Dx 3/31/08, DCIS, ER+/PR- BRCA2+...I am NOT a survivor...I am a 2X breast cancer A$$ kicker! Dx 3/28/2007, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Sep 19, 2019 09:02AM moderators wrote:

That's so generous of you, smithlme. Thank you! Heart

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Dec 15, 2019 06:22PM ccjones wrote:

I have brand new breast prosthesis forms I want to donate. I never used them. They are in excellent condition... dust smoke free. Please inform me where to send.... 5 years out....

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Scroll to top button