We are 214,047 members in 82 forums discussing 152,598 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: FREE Brand New Tempur-Pedic Mattress -- BC patients only!

Forum: BCO Free-Cycle: Give or Trade Items Related to Breast Cancer —

A place to donate & trade breast cancer items free of charge (e.g. head covers, mastectomy products, swimwear, breast cancer support products). No money may be exchanged, even for shipping. All mailing addresses must be shared via private message & no phone numbers exchanged.

Posted on: Apr 12, 2018 04:58PM

Moderators wrote:

The United Breast Cancer Foundation's Spring 2018 Tempur-Pedic(R) Mattress donation event will occur this Spring in Melville, NY, (exact date TBD). Breast Cancer patients and survivors are encouraged to apply to receive a free queen or twin Tempur-Pedic(R) mattress. If there are children 18 years or younger living at home with a patient or survivor, UBCF may be able to provide mattresses to them as well. This donation is open to women AND men.

People are welcome to apply even if they are not in the local area, however, mattresses MUST be picked-up on the day of our event (by the recipient or an authorized person). We cannot hold or ship mattresses. In the event that the applicant is unable to pick-up but an authorized representative can pick-up, please let me know and I will provide further instruction.

The flyer and application for UBCF's Spring 2018 Tempur-Pedic(R) Mattress Event is attached here. Please complete the application and waiver, sign and date (TWO PAGES) - write neatly- and return to UBCF ASAP.

Fax: 1-877-822-4287

E-mail: GIKprogram@ubcf.org

Mail: UBCF 2015 Depot Road, Huntington Station, NY 11746

The number of mattresses are limited so applications are accepted and processed on a "first come, first served" basis. PLEASE NOTE: UBCF requires a Doctor letter to be submitted with the application. The letter MUST be on Doctor/ health care center letterhead, state the applicants health status and date of remission (if applicable). Applications without the Doctor letter will not be considered. Submitting an Application and Waiver to UBCF does not guarantee you a mattress.

Any questions, please contact Molly Robinson at 877-822-4287 x 726 or GIKprogram@ubcf.org. Please feel free to forward this email and the attachments to other breast cancer patients and survivors in need.

Additional information: Event Flyer and Volunteer Flyer.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Dec 4, 2018 06:58PM Britspeech wrote:

Hello. Im very interested. I was dx in August with er/pr + breast cancer. I currently living in the Troy NY are. Could you please give me more details. Im due to see my MO on Monday. Thank you

Dx 8/3/2018, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (DUAL)

Dec 7, 2018 12:24PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Britspeech -- please email or call the contact in the opening post for more information, as this is a 3rd party donor gift.

Thank you!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)