We are 193,347 members in 81 forums discussing 143,423 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Sex & Relationship Matters → Topic: Ever hear about MonaLisa's Touch?

Topic: Ever hear about MonaLisa's Touch?

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters —

A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Mar 10, 2015 10:17AM

BosumBlues wrote:

Today in the mail I got a notice from my Gyn about a new FDA approved laser. Apparently it treats vaginal symptoms such as chronic itching, irritation, vag dryness and painful intercourse assoc with estrogen deficiency and vaginal atrophy assoc w menopause and especially useful for bc survivors who cannot use estrogen meds.

Treatment is a co2 laser that is designed to rejuvenate and return tissues into a more natural state. For more info you can go to www.mona'isatouch.com

Dx IDC

Page 3 of 3 (63 results)

Posts 61 - 63 (63 total)

Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM Thanet wrote:

Hello ladies, I live in England but have travelled to Italy three times for Thermiva and will go again in a couple of months. Each time there has been a slight improvement but my atrophy was pretty severe so I am not surprised that I need a fourth try. I am also now on vagifem despite being oestrogen positive. It took me awhile to decide to take it but I really do trust my oncologist, my surgeon and the oncological gynaecologist that I also saw they are all very conservative experts so I hope this is a good decision on my part. It is reassuring to see that I am not the only person struggling with these issues and that other women have also needed more than the typical three doses. I am still optimistic. Please let us know how you are doing.
Dx 3/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 23, 2016 10:25AM madashell wrote:

I have been researching the Mona Lisa Touch (MLT) laser since I found it online while searching for an alternative to Estrogen therapy for menopause and vaginal atrophy. As other posters have noted; insurance does not cover this procedure. It costs anywhere from $1500-3500 for the series. I have reached out to the company that manufactures the MLT; Cynosure and learned that this is a very lucrative procedure for them and the physican and they aren't making any effort to obtain a CPT code in order to have this procedure billed to insurance. The AMA is responsible for assigning new CPT codes and there is a CPT Editorial Panel that meets three times a year to review new CPT code applications. I have reached out to several medical organizations in an effort to have someone champion this issue. As Pilates said in an earlier post: " that there is no benefit to the company or maybe even the doctors to push for a code. The company sells the machines to doctors as a money maker. " I would be interested in talking to anyone who has any lead on a possible medical organization that would be willing to support this CPT request. The organizations I have reached out to aren't wiling to commit at this time. It's so frustrating.

Sep 12, 2017 03:45AM Yazmin wrote:

@ madashell: I am curious to know if you have ever found a company finally willing to champion MonaLisa or Thermiva?

Please question more. And then more.

Page 3 of 3 (63 results)