We are 196,599 members in 81 forums discussing 144,806 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Sex & Relationship Matters → Topic: Ever hear about MonaLisa's Touch?

Topic: Ever hear about MonaLisa's Touch?

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters —

A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Mar 10, 2015 01:17PM

BBINACT wrote:

Today in the mail I got a notice from my Gyn about a new FDA approved laser. Apparently it treats vaginal symptoms such as chronic itching, irritation, vag dryness and painful intercourse assoc with estrogen deficiency and vaginal atrophy assoc w menopause and especially useful for bc survivors who cannot use estrogen meds.

Treatment is a co2 laser that is designed to rejuvenate and return tissues into a more natural state. For more info you can go to www.mona'isatouch.com

Page 3 of 3 (64 results)

Posts 61 - 64 (64 total)

Aug 25, 2016 04:46PM Thanet wrote:

Hello ladies, I live in England but have travelled to Italy three times for Thermiva and will go again in a couple of months. Each time there has been a slight improvement but my atrophy was pretty severe so I am not surprised that I need a fourth try. I am also now on vagifem despite being oestrogen positive. It took me awhile to decide to take it but I really do trust my oncologist, my surgeon and the oncological gynaecologist that I also saw they are all very conservative experts so I hope this is a good decision on my part. It is reassuring to see that I am not the only person struggling with these issues and that other women have also needed more than the typical three doses. I am still optimistic. Please let us know how you are doing.
Dx 3/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 23, 2016 01:25PM madashell wrote:

I have been researching the Mona Lisa Touch (MLT) laser since I found it online while searching for an alternative to Estrogen therapy for menopause and vaginal atrophy. As other posters have noted; insurance does not cover this procedure. It costs anywhere from $1500-3500 for the series. I have reached out to the company that manufactures the MLT; Cynosure and learned that this is a very lucrative procedure for them and the physican and they aren't making any effort to obtain a CPT code in order to have this procedure billed to insurance. The AMA is responsible for assigning new CPT codes and there is a CPT Editorial Panel that meets three times a year to review new CPT code applications. I have reached out to several medical organizations in an effort to have someone champion this issue. As Pilates said in an earlier post: " that there is no benefit to the company or maybe even the doctors to push for a code. The company sells the machines to doctors as a money maker. " I would be interested in talking to anyone who has any lead on a possible medical organization that would be willing to support this CPT request. The organizations I have reached out to aren't wiling to commit at this time. It's so frustrating.

Sep 12, 2017 06:45AM Yazmin wrote:

@ madashell: I am curious to know if you have ever found a company finally willing to champion MonaLisa or Thermiva?

Please question more. And then more.

Nov 18, 2017 09:42PM Myraknits wrote:

it's taken me awhile to post this since my last visit was traumatic but I thought I'd mention for thos of us at a slightly more advanced age (I'm 60) with extreme atrophy, that the treatments were VERY painful. I did 3 and needed 4 but didn't go back for the last one. I was told they could do it at half strength so it wouldn't hurt as much but the pain during and the pain for a good 4 days after made me never want to do it again. I'm not saying it doesn't work. I didn't see any difference but that may be because I wasn't willing to do the daily dialators to stretch my vagina. It doesn't magically work on its own. All in all not worth it to me especially considering how expensive it is

www.etsy.com/shop/myrawood ALL Sales provide donations to Breastcancer.org Dx 1/4/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2016 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/9/2016 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/4/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/7/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 3 of 3 (64 results)