Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

High libido

Kzim
Kzim Member Posts: 5
edited February 2022 in Sex & Relationship Matters

I know this sounds strange but I have a very high sex drive. I want it all the time. The dr. said he’s never heard of this before. First thought is-your husband must be happy but it’s opposite. He’s tired. Has anyone ever experienced this. I was on birth control for 30 years and when I found out I had breast cancer, I immediately stopped. Are my hormones just going crazy

Comments

• monarch777
    monarch777 Member Posts: 338
    edited August 2018

I know this sounds crazy. I went to the doctor the year before my diagnosis because of a lump in my left breast that was visible. I knew I needed a mammo. I also told him for the past six months I had an insatiable sex drive and was concerned about hormone levels. He didn't know what to say. I felt like fool. I was 61. mammo was normal. one year later I was diagnosed with stage 2A HR+ cancer.

• Kzim
    edited August 2018

once you received treatment-did anything change? Im worried something could be wrong, but like you they look st me like I’m crazy

• monarch777
    monarch777 Member Posts: 338
    edited August 2018

My DX is ER /PR + so I was put on Aromatase inhibitors after lumpectomy and radiation. Everything changed. All hormones are suppressed. I took myself off after 2 years of horrible side effects. 3 years later I've had a distant metastasis to the lower back and lung. Both breast are clean and still no node involvement in my body. What is your diagnosis

• Kzim
    edited August 2018

I had stage 1 breast cancer. Lumpectomy with radiation. I’m just on the tamoxifen. I started it in June. I didn’t have a period for four months, then I spotted, then had one period and spotted the next month. I’m just wondering if something else is wrong or it’s just my body getting use to the medicine. The dr seems to think that. I just can’t understand this craze I’m going through right now.

• jaboo
    jaboo Member Posts: 368
    edited August 2018

Kzim, I think it may be caused by the stopping of birth control pill. This happened to me, although unrelated to breast cancer, because it happened 10 years ago. I was taking birth control pill and my sex drive was kind of low. But it was during a very exciting and tiresome period in our lives, so DH and me both thought I was just tired. Well than we decided it's time to stop the birth control pill... We got even more to do in our life, but suddenly, really over night, my sex drive happened. I couldn't believe, my DH couldn't believe...I didn't care abour tiredness anymore. But we were deffinitely both very happy (at 28, who wouldn't). I'm 100% positive the birth contol pill stopped my sex drive.

And here I am, 10 years later wondering whether it may have caused my breast cancer.... who knows.

• Sara536
    Sara536 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited August 2018

Enjoy it while you’ve got it. Are you being tested for hormone levels?

• Kzim
    edited August 2018

No they haven’t. I go in for my yearly in a couple of months so I’ll get them to check it then

• Kzim
    edited August 2018

Very interesting! It happened overnight for me to. This does make me feel better. Now if I can just get my husband on the same page. Lo

• lpg317
    lpg317 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018

The answer to your question could be psychological (an attachment disorder) for which psychotherapy can help, or it can be high testosterone level.

• hapa
    hapa Member Posts: 613
    edited January 2019

My sex drive was zero during chemo and started to creep back afterwards. It's in full swing now and it's frankly distracting. My hubby tries to be accommodating but I think most of the time he'd rather play video games. I started ovarian suppression and AIs about two weeks ago so we'll see how that goes, maybe it will give me some relief. I was on birth control for years and went off right after diagnosis so maybe this is my normal, who knows.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited January 2019

How old are you? At about 44 that happened to me... soaring sex drive. I was in perimenopause, and my T (while in 'normal' range) must have been a lot higher relative to my E ... i suddenly understood GUYS for the first time.

BC wa over a decade later... but mine is AR+.

• hapa
    edited January 2019

I'm 42, and I had heard of this phenomenon hitting women in their 40s before. Though I also had really high libido when I was in college too. It seemed to calm down in the intervening years, though in retrospect I think a lot of my low libido periods were just because I was dating assholes. I was pretty normal and steady since I met my husband until I messed up taking my birth control, which coincidentally was a few months before my dx, and then again after I quit taking it altogether. So of course I'm worried about what my high libido might mean.

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    edited January 2019

hapa was your BC tested for AR expression?

Also: I always wondered if there might be some connection with the DES that my Mom took when pregnant.

• hapa
    edited January 2019

I have never even heard of AR expression

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited January 2019

I am so happy to find this thread.  I thought I was the only one in treatment and a sex drive like I have never had - even in my college years.  I will be 65 this summer and enjoying and craving sex.  I am MBC and have been for 5 + years, but have been fortunate to do well and tolerate treatments.  I am on Herceptin and perjta   Fortunately I found a FWB that I have been seeing for most of the 5 years. I am not interested in remarrying or even living with someone, so this relationship works for both of us.    I never asked about hormone levels etc - will have to at next appt. 

Will be following this thread!

Nel 

• leley3469
    leley3469 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022

same here! It is a challenge

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690
    edited February 2022

leley,

This thread has been inactive for over two years. Good subject, however