We are 224,419 members in 82 forums discussing 157,743 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Sex after BC...or the lack thereof

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters —

A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Nov 6, 2019 05:09AM

Socat wrote:

I was diagnosed with DCIS a month before my 50th birthday in 2017. I had the lumpectomy, lymph nodes taken, radiation and now tamoxifen therapy.

Prior to this, my hubby and I had an incredible sex life, I mean daily incredible! Since my radiation and having been on tamoxifen for the last 16 months, it has gone down to once a week if we're lucky. My energy and libido are basically at a standstill...and yep, we've tried toys, lubricants, movies, pictures, talking, touching, you name it we've tried it. Anyone else out there having this issue? What have you tried to get yourself back in the game? I suggested energy drinks, but he's afraid of the side effects. Any ideas or thoughts or suggestions would be a huge help! Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Nov 6, 2019 07:41PM wallan wrote:

Hi CathieScott:

Sorry you are going through this. You are not alone. Tamoxifen kills libido. And drains energy. Its the lack of estrogen.

Your hubby sounds patient and understanding. This is good. All you can do is keep doing what you are doing. Its the new normal for now.

wallan

Dx 3/29/2004, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/31/2004 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 5/31/2004 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/30/2004 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 1/25/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC/IDC/IDC: Mucinous/IDC: Cribriform, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/7/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Nov 7, 2019 04:49AM - edited Nov 7, 2019 04:49AM by gb2115

This Post was deleted by gb2115.
Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Age 38 at diagnosis.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)