Topic: Vaginal Atrophy solution that is working for me!

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters — A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: May 5, 2020 12:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 05:03AM by jinx27

Posted on: May 5, 2020 12:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 05:03AM by jinx27

jinx27 wrote:

Hello all!

Ive been a member for quite some time now and wanted to post about my sexual side effects of my treatment and what Ive been doing to combat them.

I was diagnosed with my ER/PR+ breast cancer and have chosen to take an aromatase inhibitior along with Lupron (ovarian suppression ) injects for the next 5-10 years.

My onco just barely prepared me for all of the changes that I would have living the next 5-10 with lowered estrogen (menopause) as a 30 year old something. She mentioned vaginal dryness but I didnt know that the dryness really meant atrophy! I also suffered from strong vaginal odor without an infection. This also due to the atrophy.

I initially knew something was wrong when I had intercourse and it was terribly painful, I had small microcuts in my vulva and inner vagina due to weakening of my vaginal tissue, not knowing how to deal with this I went online.

Initially I was interesting in the Mona Lisa Touch or Petite Lady procedure that alot of women post about on here but it wasn't in my price range at all.

I stumbled upon a product call NeuEve; a estrogen free vaginal suppository created by a gynecologist for women.

Neu Eve Website

NeuEve suppositories and cream help ease menopausal discomforts: vaginal odor, dryness, atrophy, itching, burning, painful sex, and bacterial vaginosis.*

100% all-natural food grade ingredients : Organic palm oil*, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic tapioca starch, organic potato starch, evening primrose oil, organic sea buckthorn fruit oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic orange oil, organic vitamin E (d-α tocopherol), and a proprietary blend of nutrients.

NeuEve is gluten-free, hormone-free and estrogen-free. NeuEve does NOT contain any boric acid, petrochemicals, parabens, BHT, T.E.A, M.E.A, urea, glycols, PEG's, etc. NeuEve has never been tested on animals, and does not contain any animal products.

Customers can choose between three options depending on the severity of their atrophy and age. I emailed her asking for guidance and responded back with a warm and informative response. I chose the level 2 suppository due to my age.

She stated the following supplements help with atrophy; OMEGA 3, OMEGA 7, Vitamin D.

She also mentioned purchasing a set of Magnetic Vaginal Dilators and using them twice a day if I have pelvic pain.

I have been using NeuEve for one month along with taking the above supplements and have seen a huge improvement. I use lubrication during self pleasure which helps but I have not had any pain or microcuts in or around the vulva or inside the vaginal canal since finishing my first box of NeuEve.

I used to to have a odor due to the dryness, and a UTI feeling. The odor is completely gone, and the UTI feeling is slowly fading away. I thought Id share here since there are soo many products on the market to choose from.

The price is around $59 for a month supply, if you decide to get a subscription, the cost will be $49 a month. Not too bad. The site recommends using it for 4 months straight, however many women report improvements after one month.

Please feel free to message here with any questions. Im going to continue the product for four months and return back with an update.

Diagnosed at 27 y/o, synchronous bilateral breast cancer. L. Breast : IDC, R. Breast: DCIS. ER 98%, PR 100% Possible mutation. 5-10 yrs hormonal therapy 08/31/2016 Tamoxifen, 02/01/2017- 06/10/2021 AI + OS,Tamoxifen 08/10/2021 -current Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (Left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 12/31/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/27/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 17 of 23 (225 results)

Jan 21, 2022 10:16PM - edited Jan 21, 2022 10:48PM by jons_girl

Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Will respond to some of the other posts another time. But this was a interesting article I thought.

https://www.acog.org/news/news-releases/2016/02/acog-supports-the-use-of-estrogen-for-breast-cancer-survivors

interesting clinical trial. Not exactly sure I understand why they are using estradiol I. This study. But interehttps://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03941730

This is a study with estring and estrogen levels. It's completed but I would think results might be on the internet somewhere. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01923298

Also a article here on thissite:https://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/vaginal-estrogen-not-linked-to-high-risk

Another good article. I didn’t read it all. But good info in it I think. My gyn doesn’t think Premarin in any form should be used….and it is listed in the article I wouldn’t use that But there are other options it gives in this article https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/genitourinary-syndrome-of-menopause-in-breast-cancer-survivors/amp/

I’m not a scholar. But I trust my gyn. She is a scholar. We will regularly test my blood levels. And I’m being cautious about all this. But nothing is working for my libido. Testosterone is supposed to help with that

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Jan 22, 2022 03:13AM - edited Jan 22, 2022 03:29AM by kbl

ddfair, my partial left my ovaries. I did not have them removed.

Jons_girl, thank you for the articles. It makes me feel a little better about my decision.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jan 22, 2022 12:56PM laughinggull wrote:

Thanks a lot jon_girl!

Looking at all those links now

ACx4, THPx4, HP (to complete 1y); Nerlynx (1y); AI (expected 10y), Surgery: BMX + ALND, Reconstruction, Oophorectomy. Radiation. Dx 10/26/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 22, 2022 06:51PM kksmom3 wrote:

LaughingGull, sorry, I wasn't at all clear, I meant that I was using the estradiol cream, my 3 doctors have told me it was ok. I hurt even just gently wiping after using the bathroom, I had gotten so bad that I felt like I was being stabbed with knives down there, I had to do something. I wish there was a clear answer, but, it seems as in all things cancer, there is usually never a clear answer, is there?

Dx 8/8/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/30/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 23, 2022 04:47AM - edited Jan 23, 2022 04:53AM by jons_girl

laughing gull and kbl:

You're welcome! I will hopefully get more time to post today. Life has been pretty busy on the farm.

One more thing tho I wanted to mention. My gyn told me something I wanted to share. She said essentially that drs give pills to men to give them erections. And there are all these women with sexual problems with no options. She told me there is a failed depression drug that in the trials of the drug for depression I guess women were saying well it's not working for depression but it's working for…apparently libido? So she said I think the drug was called Allie? Or ally? Something like that. So thought I'd mention that. She said it is fda approved I think too? I'm not a dr. But this is what she told me. So thought I'd share that too.

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Jan 23, 2022 06:37AM sharon0706 wrote:

that med is https://addyi.com/

My pcp said I couldn’t try it because I already have low blood pressure. I’m going to try the vyleesi injections instead. (!

Dx 8/1/2001, LCIS Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 8/24/2020, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/20/2020 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 11/23/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 2/21/2021 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 6/13/2021 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (Right): DIEP flap Surgery

Jan 23, 2022 06:52AM - edited Jan 23, 2022 06:56AM by jons_girl

Sharon

thanks for sharing the website for addi and the info on the other med! I'd never heard of vylessi. That’s cool! However women who are already post menopausal cannot use that drug according to the website. https://www.vyleesi.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyruVp47I9QIVExLnCh1gJAlfEAAYASAAEgJkJvD_BwE
That might be why my gyn didn’t tell me about it. This drug won’t help many of us here because many of us are post menopausal. That's great tho for premenopausal women! Thanks for sharing this info!!

Jan 23, 2022 06:58AM sharon0706 wrote:

I’m in menopause but my doctor suggested trying it anyway. Maybe I’ll get a little placebo effect

Dx 8/1/2001, LCIS Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2008 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 6/29/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 8/24/2020, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/20/2020 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 11/23/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 2/21/2021 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 6/13/2021 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (Right): DIEP flap Surgery

Jan 23, 2022 07:02AM - edited Jan 23, 2022 07:03AM by jons_girl

interesting! Thanks for letting us know! keep us posted on what you think of that med

I'm probably just going with the estrodial and testosterone route…my gyn and MO supportme as long as I keep getting blood work. So I'm great with trying that option!

Jan 23, 2022 08:43AM cardplayer wrote:

I was using estrace when I was diagnosed. My breast surgeon said to immediately discontinue it since I was triple positive. When I started having vaginal dryness issues, I discussed with my GYN. She also said no to estrace and suggested we find alternatives. I wish there were more studies that provided one way or another.

Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/19/2020 Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy (Left) Dx IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 17 of 23 (225 results)

Scroll to top button