Topic: Vaginal Atrophy solution that is working for me!

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters — A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: May 5, 2020 03:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 08:03AM by jinx27

Posted on: May 5, 2020 03:05PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 08:03AM by jinx27

jinx27 wrote:

Hello all!

Ive been a member for quite some time now and wanted to post about my sexual side effects of my treatment and what Ive been doing to combat them.

I was diagnosed with my ER/PR+ breast cancer and have chosen to take an aromatase inhibitior along with Lupron (ovarian suppression ) injects for the next 5-10 years.

My onco just barely prepared me for all of the changes that I would have living the next 5-10 with lowered estrogen (menopause) as a 30 year old something. She mentioned vaginal dryness but I didnt know that the dryness really meant atrophy! I also suffered from strong vaginal odor without an infection. This also due to the atrophy.

I initially knew something was wrong when I had intercourse and it was terribly painful, I had small microcuts in my vulva and inner vagina due to weakening of my vaginal tissue, not knowing how to deal with this I went online.

Initially I was interesting in the Mona Lisa Touch or Petite Lady procedure that alot of women post about on here but it wasn't in my price range at all.

I stumbled upon a product call NeuEve; a estrogen free vaginal suppository created by a gynecologist for women.

Neu Eve Website

NeuEve suppositories and cream help ease menopausal discomforts: vaginal odor, dryness, atrophy, itching, burning, painful sex, and bacterial vaginosis.*

100% all-natural food grade ingredients : Organic palm oil*, organic coconut oil, organic beeswax, organic tapioca starch, organic potato starch, evening primrose oil, organic sea buckthorn fruit oil, organic lavender essential oil, organic orange oil, organic vitamin E (d-α tocopherol), and a proprietary blend of nutrients.

NeuEve is gluten-free, hormone-free and estrogen-free. NeuEve does NOT contain any boric acid, petrochemicals, parabens, BHT, T.E.A, M.E.A, urea, glycols, PEG's, etc. NeuEve has never been tested on animals, and does not contain any animal products.

Customers can choose between three options depending on the severity of their atrophy and age. I emailed her asking for guidance and responded back with a warm and informative response. I chose the level 2 suppository due to my age.

She stated the following supplements help with atrophy; OMEGA 3, OMEGA 7, Vitamin D.

She also mentioned purchasing a set of Magnetic Vaginal Dilators and using them twice a day if I have pelvic pain.

I have been using NeuEve for one month along with taking the above supplements and have seen a huge improvement. I use lubrication during self pleasure which helps but I have not had any pain or microcuts in or around the vulva or inside the vaginal canal since finishing my first box of NeuEve.

I used to to have a odor due to the dryness, and a UTI feeling. The odor is completely gone, and the UTI feeling is slowly fading away. I thought Id share here since there are soo many products on the market to choose from.

The price is around $59 for a month supply, if you decide to get a subscription, the cost will be $49 a month. Not too bad. The site recommends using it for 4 months straight, however many women report improvements after one month.

Please feel free to message here with any questions. Im going to continue the product for four months and return back with an update.

Diagnosed at 27 y/o, synchronous bilateral breast cancer. L. Breast : IDC, R. Breast: DCIS. ER 98%, PR 100% Possible mutation. 5-10 yrs hormonal therapy 08/31/2016 Tamoxifen, 02/01/2017- 06/10/2021 AI + OS,Tamoxifen 08/10/2021 -current Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (Left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/28/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 19 of 22 (214 results)

Feb 3, 2022 08:42PM cardplayer wrote:

Jons_girl - I was using estrace cream. Since my BC was triple positive, GYN won’t prescribe for me.

Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/19/2020 Mastectomy (Right) Hormonal Therapy 12/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 12/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy (Left) Dx IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Feb 4, 2022 11:01AM homemom wrote:

Has anyone used the NewEve that Jinx27 started using? I'm not sure if she came back and updated how it worked for her

Dx 3/31/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 3/29 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/15/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Surgery 5/6/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 5/30/2014 AC Chemotherapy 7/25/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/16/2014 Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 4, 2022 11:31AM laughinggull wrote:

I gave the NeuEve a good try. It provides moisture that feels very natural. However, in my experience, it does not help with atrophy, i.e. the loss of elasticity, the shrinkage down there. And it is pretty pricey, and they don't disclose the ingredients. So, a rip-off, if you ask me. Maybe helps if your only problem is lack of moisture.

I am using the dilators and they seem to help a bit. I would like to hear any experience others have with the dilators. Can you really dilate ie make room if you use them consistently? Somebody mentioned pelvic therapy and I would also like to hear how it helped.

ACx4, THPx4, HP (to complete 1y); Nerlynx (1y); AI (expected 10y), Surgery: BMX + ALND, Reconstruction, Oophorectomy. Radiation. Dx 10/26/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 4, 2022 12:28PM kbl wrote:

HomeMom, I tried NueEve once or twice. I had a little bit of a reaction, so I stopped. I think it was burning, but now I don’t remember what the reaction was.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 4, 2022 04:02PM lillyishere wrote:

I am not sure if I should write this in public but I hope it will be helpful. My MO recommended using Good Clean Love Restore as a moisturizer, 2xday for 2 weeks. Also, as lubricant to use Good clean love: almost naked organic lubricant.

Have any of you have used them? What do you think?

“Within five years, cancer will have been removed from the list of fatal maladies.” That was the optimistic promise to U.S. President William Howard Taft in 1910 when he visited Buffalo’s Gratwick Laboratory, “What’s taking so long?” Dx 7/31/2019, ILC, Left, <1, Stage IIA, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2019 Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Surgery 9/1/2019 Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Surgery 9/1/2019 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Nipple Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right) Surgery 9/19/2019 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 11/30/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 12/1/2019 Femara (letrozole), Aromasin (exemestane) Dx LCIS/ILC, Both breasts, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 4, 2022 07:53PM kksmom3 wrote:

I tried the Neueve and it didn't help me at all, plus $$$. Good Clean Love burns me. Now I am trying a product called Gynetrof, which contain hylauronic acid, which I believe is the key ingredient for me. Unfortunately, it is always out of stock on Amazon. I also use a compounded estriol product my gyn ordered for me. I have tried so many OTC things. I am to the point where QOL matters, I can't enjoy life feeling like I have a constant nasty UTI.

Dx 8/8/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/1/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 4, 2022 07:55PM kbl wrote:

kksmom3, that is where I was at when I decided in using the estrodiol. I want quality of life.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 4, 2022 11:18PM trinigirl50 wrote:

Laughinggirl

I used dilators from smallest going up in size to biggest for about two months. I was unable to have a pap smear before the dilators, too small too painful, but was able to have one after I had used them. So yes they work. Use plenty of lubricant, I also used Lidocaine at the opening of the vagina to numb any pain (which was considerable) in the beginning.

I use VIT E capsules as suppositories every evening. I just pop them up there.

I also use Premarin once a week because the atrophy was causing serious issues (I had to pee constantly - and it wasn't due to UTIs). It's not ideal because I was 100% E+ but I was getting no sleep at night. It has definitely improved things, so worth the risk, to my mind.

Anyway, yes to the dilators. Really helped me.

trinigirl50 Dx 3/7/2015, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 20/24 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/7/2015 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 4/14/2015 AC + T (Taxotere) Hormonal Therapy 9/14/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 10/1/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 5, 2022 12:32AM jons_girl wrote:

thanks for sharing that info nsbrown. I’m going on testosterone first as my gyn says that this works well for vaginal and libido help. So I’m going to try it. It’s different than I used prior as this will go in the vagina. So I will let you all know how it goes. I am trying it for 3 mo to start with.

Has anyone gone on testosterone cream here? She says it helps a lot of women. And supposedly safe for women like me who have had cancer. I trust her. We will of course still check my blood in 3 mo too.

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Feb 5, 2022 12:43AM - edited Feb 5, 2022 12:44AM by jons_girl

Lilly:

I use good clean love cream. And it works pretty well. They have a product too with hylauronic acid ithink. I think that's what one of the products has in it anyway.
For me it works best if I use it more than once a wk. two times a day tho is a lot!! Using it like once a day at night I think would be plenty? We use astroglide organic oil too. Both of those products work pretty well. my gyn had a list she shared with me with all kinds of products listed.
My libido is what I'm taking hormones for mainly. I'm not on hormone blocker but I've been through menopause. So have issues with post menopausal stuff too. I'm considering estrogen cream if the testosterone cream doesn't work. But will revisit that conversation with my gyn in May.

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Page 19 of 22 (214 results)

Scroll to top button