Join Us

We are 218,138 members in 84 forums discussing 160,917 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Vaginal Atrophy solution that is working for me!

Forum: Sex & Relationship Matters —

A safe place to talk candidly about how your romantic relationships and/or your sex life has changed following your diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: May 5, 2020 03:05PM - edited May 9, 2020 10:38AM by Jinx27

Jinx27 wrote:

Hello all!

Ive been a member for quite some time now and wanted to post about my sexual side effects of my treatment and what Ive been doing to combat them.

I was diagnosed with my ER/PR+ breast cancer and have chosen to take an aromatase inhibitior along with Lupron (ovarian suppression ) injects for the next 5-10 years.

My onco just barely prepared me for all of the changes that I would have living the next 5-10 with lowered estrogen (menopause) as a 30 year old something. She mentioned vaginal dryness but I didnt know that the dryness really meant atrophy! I also suffered from strong vaginal odor without an infection. This also due to the atrophy.

I initially knew something was wrong when I had intercourse and it was terribly painful, I had small microcuts in my vulva and inner vagina due to weakening of my vaginal tissue, not knowing how to deal with this I went online.

Initially I was interesting in the Mona Lisa Touch or Petite Lady procedure that alot of women post about on here but it wasn't in my price range at all.

I stumbled upon a product call NeuEve; a estrogen free vaginal suppository created by a gynecologist for women.

Neu Eve Website

Customers can choose between three options depending on the severity of their atrophy and age. I emailed her asking for guidance and responded back with a warm and informative response. I chose the level 2 suppository due to my age.

She stated the following supplements help with atrophy; OMEGA 3, OMEGA 7, Vitamin D.

She also mentioned purchasing a set of Magnetic Vaginal Dilators and using them twice a day if I have pelvic pain.

I have been using NeuEve for one month along with taking the above supplements and have seen a huge improvement. I use lubrication during self pleasure which helps but I have not had any pain or microcuts in or around the vulva or inside the vaginal canal since finishing my first box of NeuEve.

I used to to have a odor due to the dryness, and a UTI feeling. The odor is completely gone, and the UTI feeling is slowly fading away. I thought Id share here since there are soo many products on the market to choose from.

The price is around $59 for a month supply, if you decide to get a subscription, the cost will be $49 a month. Not too bad. The site recommends using it for 4 months straight, however many women report improvements after one month.

Please feel free to message here with any questions. Im going to continue the product for four months and return back with an update.

Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/29/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2 of 2 (40 results)

Posts 31 - 40 (40 total)

Sep 22, 2020 10:24PM Trishyla wrote:

I've had good results using pure hyaluronic acid. Not one of the cremes or lotions. Just pure hyaluronic acid in water. It's completely natural and has no side effects. It really helps with the dryness. The one I use is from Watt's Beauty. I got it on Amazon for under ten dollars.

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 8/5/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Sep 23, 2020 06:14PM Jinx27 wrote:

Soo happy to see this thread is still breathing Hug

Dx 9/8/2015, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/17/2015 Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/1/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 8/29/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Sep 23, 2020 07:52PM Secondtimeround wrote:

I was thrilled to see you posted this topic - thank you! I'm about to start a whole bunch of sex-dampening, vaginal unfriendly hormonal treatments following my BC recurrence surgery next week and I'm dreading the potential side effects; I suspect I'm peri menopausal right now at 47years old as there's a few initial symptoms I've been experiencing which I suspect will be exacerbated by my treatment. So, I've ordered a vaginal dryness relief product hellobonafide.com/products/rev... from bonafide to see how this works out. Completely hormone free which appeals obviously. I have no idea how well it works but I thought I'd add it to the conversation for anyone who may have feedback on it already or for those looking for something else :)

Dx 4/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 8/28/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Sep 23, 2020 08:34PM KBL wrote:

Please come back and post how it works for you. I did a vaginal insert, but it had different ingredients. I got a bladder infection soon after and have been afraid to try anything else.

Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 6/23/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 1, 2020 05:47PM Secondtimeround wrote:

Hi KBL, so far it's absolutely great but I appreciate it early days. I've been inserting a pessary every 3 days and have noticed a vast difference - I hadn't realized just how uncomfortable I had got until I started using the bonafide inserts and I'm very excited to continue with them especially seeing as tamoxifen looms large on my horizon. I think they have some offers on if you order one month supply - and because it's non-hormonal it might be worth a try. Either way, I really hope you find something that suits you and brings relief.

Dx 4/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 8/28/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Surgery

Oct 1, 2020 08:54PM KBL wrote:

Thank you, Secondtimearound. I appreciate you keeping me updated.

Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 6/23/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 9, 2020 03:53PM - edited Oct 11, 2020 06:39PM by Nsbrown54

I've been having vaginitis issues since I stopped estrace when I was diagnosed. My GYN recently prescribed clobesterol .05% ointment, to be used twice daily for two weeks, then three times per week. Just getting started with treatment. My symptoms have improved, but are a bit bothersome. Has anyone used clobesterol

Dx 6/22/2020, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Oct 12, 2020 07:46PM kksmom3 wrote:

My PCP prescribed me Clobetasol cream, same thing you have. It is the only thing that has helped. It is $$ but the first tube I got in April is still a quarter full and I use a pea sized amount. I got it under control, then it flared up again. I guess I need to keep up with the Clobetasol cream better, but it concerns me to use it this long. I hate the discomfort though, so I'm willing to keep using it.

Dx 8/8/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/1/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Oct 13, 2020 03:39PM Nsbrown54 wrote:

I’ve had some burning painwith it, so I’m going to cut back to once a day for a while, before I go to 3xs per week.

Dx 6/22/2020, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 6/30/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Oct 13, 2020 04:32PM kksmom3 wrote:

Everything that is OTC has burned me. I tried to keep up with it by using just coconut oil, but it came back with a vengeance. I still hurt mildly all the time, but not stabbing and burning like I was. I just don't know if it's safe to be on this cream very single day! I have a dr appointment a month from now. so I'll ask then.

Dx 8/8/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/1/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 2 of 2 (40 results)